Dallas Formula Racing Help

Hello,

I am part of Dallas Formula Racing, an organization from The University of Texas at Dallas that competes in Formula SAE.

Currently, we do not have any access to welders on our campus and we are on a tight deadline. Is it possible to set something up very quickly and see if we could weld on our chassis in the immediate days? If this is possible, I would be happy to discuss further details.

Thank you.

2 Likes

@Team_Metal_Shop

1 Like

I could get you checked out on welders Saturday afternoon. Do you already know how to weld?

1 Like

Do you have any DMS members on your team? For reasons of liability only members can use our equipment.
I would be happy to check out your members on our equipment at your convenience.

3 Likes

We currently have one our members at the Dallas makerspace right now, is the offer still up? We are more than willing to become members and go through any process that makes you guys comfortable.

We also have multiple members that already know how to weld

Pinging @Team_Metal_Shop again.

1 Like

All that is required is current membership and being listed on the appropriate Active Directory.
I can add anyone who has shown me that they are competent. I am currently at the space. There appears to be a problem with the notification mechanism. I was not notified of your post of three hours ago.

No problem, we are heading over with a competent welder.

@procterc we are here outside the front door.

@procterc hello we will be leaving the chassis over night and will be returning tomorrow at 10 or 11 am and will finish up in the afternoon. Thanks again for your help and everyone else involved!

1 Like