Dado sharpening mishap

The freshly sharpened dado, is razor sharp unfortunately when they sharpened it enough material was removed to where the stabilizing fin ( the little ribs in between the carbide tips protrude just slightly above them so it’s causes a lot of vibration and noise when using and leaves a burn mark where the fin is, but I mean razor sharp super clean cut just we need to file those down or send it back to them to have it done

2 Likes

I am happy to contact them (but anyone else can as well):

http://www.dallassaw.com/home.html

But I don’t fully understand the issue…can someone post a pic that can be forwarded to them to see if they can/will fix?

2 Likes

@Team_Woodshop

2 Likes

So see how behind each carbide tooth there’s a little ridge on the chippers which when new had the same tolerance as the carbide tip and acts like a stabilizer, when they re profiled

the carbide it left the little rib just high enough to instead of trailing behind the tooth it sits just above it and rubs/burns the wood as it goes along creating a lot of vibrations so those little nibs need to be take down just a bit to compensate

2 Likes

I downloaded this discussion and sent an email to them with it attached to see if they were ready, willing, and able to correct/fix. Will update this thread if/when they respond…

In the future, can we please let the people who interact with Dallas Saw normally handle this?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Really? Calling me an ass? Why are you taking the dado and paying out of pocket? We have an account. My card happens to be attached to it. Hence my interest…How could I possibly know that you would go outside our normal procurement system to do some one off business?

My statement above is fairly succint. There is a list of authorized DMS users for our account…Machine shop does it, woodshop does it. No reason to expect a deviation…

Hey…I said “Please”!

Try not calling people an ass next time. Especially when they are doing the damn job.

You are still not making sense.

Especially when they are doing the damn job.

Sounds like @mblatz did the job…

2 Likes

Hahaha just what I thought. I’ll do what is supposed to be done when someone does a good job, thanks @mblatz for getting the blades sharpened.