D&O insurance (characters)

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Insurance

Used to before the board made secrecy its default mode of operation…

Yes everything is a cover up.:roll_eyes:

We don’t post current one on line per the suggestion of multiple people, some of them being lawyers. It was suggested that we shouldn’t inform people how much they should sue us for. Nothing is a secret and I will show our policies in person to anyone that asks.

8 Likes

When I asked, because I wasn’t sure we actually had the insurance we were paying Roberts friend for, it took a fair bit of effort to get someone to provide me a copy of those policies…

We get it. You don’t like Robert. Stop spreading misinformation. Robert did not know that agent before we signed that policy.

You did see the policy, I’m not sure on the time frame, but there was probably some hesitation since you have expressed interest in suing us.

2 Likes

Then it is just a coincidence that they went to the same college at the same time…

I would be glad to provide copies of the multiple emails where I was told the policies were ‘on the wiki’ when I was trying to get copies… So don’t lecture me about misinformation…

Citation, please. Don’t see that with what I am looking at.

1 Like

In material I had a private detective prepare when I was preparing to sue the board for mismanagement…

Does he realize UTA and UTD are different schools, or do you think they both fudged their schools and years there on their LinkedIn page?

1 Like

You would have to ask the detective. If you saw my desk you would understand why I can’t just lay my hand on the file and give you the information your asking for. Fortunately with the three new members on the board we saw the changes needed to prevent me from having to sue for mismanagement.

The current board abstained because of conflict more in their first few months then previous boards had in their total time… They are also the first board, thanks to Eric, that is keeping reasonably complete minutes so that we can not only know specifically what was voted on, but who actually voted…

In the meantime I think you should consider the possibility you might not have got what you paid for.

1 Like

Given the numerous other established examples, including the Tinder relationship for selecting a safety equipment vender, I don’t think it matters all that much. There were also so many in the report that it is possible I am confusing two different memories. But there was an establish relationship.

But this is all an attempt at misdirection. It was Alex who was the first to mention Roberts PRIOR relationship to the insurance agent. The agent who LIED to US and claimed she couldn’t find someone to insure us. A lie that other members stepped in to prove was false and fix for us… Yet another reason you don’t do business with people you have personal relationships with.

Are you saying I am trying to misdirect right now?

No, I am saying Alex tried, and succeeded in misdirecting this topic. Which was about the availability (or lack thereof) of our insurance policies…

So the question was do we carry insurance, and what are the limits. Alex is providing access to the policy. Walter has concerns about Board members.

Are we done now? It’s Christmas and you’re about to all get coal from Santa.

5 Likes

IMO you did when you said “insurance we were paying Roberts friend for”. It’s clear you wanted that little nugget in there because you thought it was relevant.

IMO, that’s part of the problem. Stuff gets said, nobody wants to deal with it and eventually it’s just a mantra that new people simply accept as fact.

2 Likes

There was a relationship AFTER he selected her, regardless. Which is the real problem. And yes, particularly given the problems we had with that agent, I believe that is relevant.

But the real point is that actually getting this insurance information was difficult, and secrecy is a real problem with at least some of the remaining board.

Continuing to argue about it doesn’t resolve the problem either.

Walter has his perspective. You have yours. Robert has his. Alex has his. I have mine. You aren’t going to make Walter think the way you do because you really want him to, and you aren’t going to influence new members by getting in a huge 100 post argument about things either.

Let it go. There’s even an adorable song about it!

I feel like trying to possibly be the “bigger person” and “letting it go” the previous multitude of times is actually part of the problem. If you think this thread went too long at 18 replies, I can point you to some “greatest hits”. I tried to even start using a somewhat cryptic emoji to signify: “I don’t agree with this, but I don’t want to feed the troll”. It’s adoption by others made it clear that people didn’t get that either. Perhaps I should have picked another starchy tuber. :laughing:

1 Like

LOL. You started that? I got my first one today. :frowning:

Closed as requested. OP indicated that his question has been answered.