[CURRENTLY DOWN]Vapor hone status 07-11-21

I drove out to DMS today to specifically to use the Vapor Hone only to find it partially disassembled. Was there a post I missed about its expected downtime? Do we know when it will be available for use again?

1 Like

Some one had severely abused it. There was from what I was told nasty rust, dross & other crap in it. Its in the process of being repaired

2 Likes

I am in the process of repairing it. I meant to make a post last night but did not. I’ve ordered some parts and it will be down for a few days until then. ETA is next weekend.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Freddy

2 Likes

No worries. I hadn’t been out to DMS for a few weeks and checked on Talk last night to see if anyone had posted any update after Randy indicated that it was smelly.

By any chance is or has the sight glass been replaced, I didn’t check closely enough after I saw it was DOA.

2 Likes

It has not been yet but this will be part of my repairs.

1 Like

New seal on the door too, I hope?

Yessir that do be correct

2 Likes

Yay! That sounds great

1 Like

Parts have been ordered!

2 Likes

Any update on the parts arriving?

As a matter of fact yes! Piping parts arrived yesterday, along with glass and door seal.

Installed this evening were the following:
New Glass and seal
Door Seal
New new poly elbow and nipple

Special thanks to @jbrown885 for his assistance on the glass install, without him I would have given up. It was a bear.

Upper and lower trays have been cleaned thoroughly a few days ago.

All that remains is for me to pickup some media tomorrow and refill the machine. I expect this to be done sometime tomorrow evening.

Thanks

Freddy

13 Likes

Many thanks. Hopefully, I will get out to DMS this weekend to give the “all new” machine a small test.

Bob

So machine now has water and grit but I was having problems getting it to pull slurry. Charles is going to take a look at it this evening.

Thanks

Freddy

5 Likes