Cricut Or other small vinyl cutter

We don’t have one and I don’t remember us ever having one. We do have a sticker maker.

I believe Chris is correct that we did have one, but if my memory is correct it was sold off at about the same time as that wood carving CNC device and a number of other things were ‘cleaned out’. Early summer last year, about the time we did away with committee storage areas and such.

The cutter in the CA room will go pretty small. How small are you talking about?

It was last seen on the lost and found shelf after one of the arts room cleaning sessions…

Gosh, I hope we can resurrect it. I sometimes use it for cutting freezer paper or scrapbook paper - neither of which would work very well in the “vinyl cutter”.

Once upon a time we had a member who was working on a replacement program for the Cricut.

What ever happened with that project? I wanted to build one.

That is the start of so many of the answers to questions at DMS.

1 Like

Interesting feature on Talk, the “spyglass” hides a “search” function. Plug in “cricut” aaaaaaand…https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/interest-check-inside-a-cricut-expression/2176
I’d ask some of those folks, if I were interested in what happened to this project. :wink:
I don’t think what happened to the particular piece of equipment is addressed, though.

Found the thread… But, the project seems to be dead.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/interest-check-inside-a-cricut-expression/2176

1 Like

You can try tagging @thetazzbot to call his attn to this thread and see if he’s interested in weighing in…

Thanks,

I sent him a PM through the forums here.

1 Like

Yep that worked. The project in question iznt really dead. It works. Not much else to do with it. I used my own cricut. I wouldnt recommend flashing a DMS cricut unless it were intended for the sole purpose of hackery.

So… What did you want to know?

1 Like

i was suggesting that, since you were the originator of the other thread discussing reprogramming Cricuts and, if I read properly, had proposed a class for similar, possibly using DMS’s Cricut, perhaps you would know more about what ends the DMS Cricut had met.Also sounds like Raymond might have questions for you.
BTW, read through your page back when and found it impressive and quite intriguing.Thank you for sharing it.

I wanted to build one for my own use :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there were 5 or more people willing to sit through some interesting hardware reverse engineering stuff I would be willing to facilitate

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I’m #1 on the list, but I’m no programmer. I like to hack on the physical hardware.

Need 4 more :slight_smile:

We now have a circuit cameo thanks to @StanSimmons @bitta took a very good look at it last night and we talked about the potential of this machine in the room.

We are willing to offer it up for some hacking as it needs a subscription service for the imagery and well…it’s more fun. I know I have a friend who is interested so I think @thetazzbot you could easily make a class!! (please)

3 Likes

I’d be interested in know how Cricut thinks.

Thanks
Manny

this are two different yet similar cutters like a “Cricut” on steroids: