Creative Arts - Status of Floor Construction

Today is July 2 (Tuesday). I talked to the construction crew that is working on the leveling the floor in the new Creative Arts area. Today they will be adding a float surface that will level out the rest of the floor. Chances are that they will be finished later today pending any unforeseen problems. I will keep you posted.

17 Likes

Thank you so much for the update. This is wonderful news.

1 Like

Rich, would it be safe to plan for installation of vinyl the weekend of the 13th?

1 Like

I am waiting to talk to the supervisor Jeremy which is not on site at this time. I will get further information from him to determine what the curing time is for this project. I will keep everybody posted when I know the answer.

2 Likes

We should probably plan for paint touch-up earlier.
But…
HAPPY DANCE! Can’t wait to see the beautiful new cement slab!
Elaine Seinfeld GIF - Elaine Seinfeld Happy GIFs|683x307.35

2 Likes

The floor will require a 3 day cure time. NO TOUCHY!

2 Likes

Great time to play The Floor is Lava. I’ll bring my kids, they are quite the experts at that game.

1 Like

@yashsedai
But the plastic drape will be down and the caution tape/trash can/threatening note will be up so we can admire from afar, right? Or maybe post some glamour shots of the floor on TALK?

NOOOOOOOOOOO, no looking at the floor, it might crack :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha probably better leave it up. Taking it down would be the grand equivalent of “Don’t push the red button”

2 Likes

I just want to write my name in it

Anyone know what this unexpected surprise ended up costing?

1 Like

Freddy already vetoed my ideas of having a floaty pool party, covering with fake snow and foam bowling.

What??? No underwater basket weaving classes?

Are we going to have to install a hot tub in the wet classroom?

Lol when I get the basket weaving class up I’ll be sure to provide you with snorkels and an extra large tub

1 Like

The construction of the new floor surface has been completed. The work crew will have all of their equipment out this afternoon. Typical cure time is three days. STAY OFF THE FLOOR! That means that Creative Arts can start laying down their new flooring starting this Saturday, July 6th, at the earliest.

5 Likes