Creative Arts Meeting Sunday 9/24

I submitted the event last night, so mark your calendars!
Let me know what we need to discuss.

3 Likes

what time? Id like to add it to my calendar.

That might be valuable information, huh?
4:45 pm

Ugh. I won’t be there since I run a bowling league in Southwest Fort Worth at 5:30pm on Sundays.

Drat. Well if dye sub needs anything, or you have pertinent information to share let me know.

Things are going well, as far as I know. I installed a teflon wrap on the bottom platen of the 16" x 20" heat press to make it easier to clean. It will also make put shirts on, and taking shirts off easier. We had 3 classed in August after the new printer was set up. I know Lisa did one earlier this week, and I’ve got two on the calendar for the end of the month. My goal is to teach 2-3 classes a month until I’ve personally generated enough in honorariums to cover the cost of the new printer.

I’m working on a multi-media decoration “event” for October. Not so much a class, but more of a “here are things that you can do with the equipment we have at the Dallas Makerspace.”

6 Likes

Good stuff Cary. Do you have plans for Open House also? We will be talking about that at the meeting also

1 Like

I’m planning to do dog tags again. We have plenty of them, and still have prints from last year’s open house.

2 Likes

Love to be there, but we’re out of town at a craft show…

1 Like

I don t know yet how much time I am on for in jewelery

I will be on travel so I can’t attend.

(a) I would like permission to buy a pair of thread snips for the embroidery machine
(b) I plan to teach a Babylock class in the near future, but have one personal item I have to clear up before I can schedule
(c ) Per our prior discussion, I plan to set up the Babylock on the second sewing desk and run continuous demos during Open House - unless you tell me otherwise.

3 Likes

1- Permission granted! (Unless you want me to have Mark pick them up somewhere)
2- I’m sure your class will be a hit as usual, I met several new members on Thursday that want to learn to use it
3- demos are a lovely idea!

I’ll take care of it. Thanks!

1 Like

I have a show next weekend so I will miss it, sorry

I will be teaching some classes using the Prismacolor pencils,
we only have the one large package, would it be possible to add either another large one oe at least a small one to our stock/ I will use gesso, turpentine and brshes from CS

My plan is for the drawing part to be CA and the finishing part to be JSM