Creative Arts is almost moved in!

@Edenblue demanded, sorry, asked, that I post about the move today, so here are a few pics.

I would tag everyone who i saw helping but there were so many. Thanks to all!

Note also, that we are literally “just moved”. Things haven’t found their homes just yet, if you need something you may have to search.

The vinyl and design computers don’t have network yet. (The dye sub and heat press are working fine tho)

16 Likes

I will be back up there Saturday morning to start going through the cubbies and organizing things into zones.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @mreynolds I really just meant for an update of the digital room but am actually glad for my miscommunication because I forgot to take many photos today. Thak you for your help!

3 Likes

Glad to help. I’ll keep working on the digital room in the coming weeks. I have some ideas

1 Like

Looking good!!!:+1:t2:

don’t forget that a couple of wide-format printers will be wedged in there somewhere as well…

1 Like

Yay! The wide format printers are rear loading. They’ll need to be able to come away from the wall a few feet to change the rolls. (Not permanently stuck out there but a clear runway. Possibly marked?)

A couple?? I thought we were just getting one?

Edit: just read the minutes. Will be a squeeze with two. Footprint will be 3ft x 10ft, but they should fit. Will be nice and cosy in there

Also, don’t forget that the three heat presses need to be on different circuits, which means three different wall plugs on three different walls.

If you have availability you might go try to play tetris in there. I have a feeling that room will see a lot of floorplan changes as more equipment comes in.

Yep. I will try to come work a little Tetris-Fu on it. Luckily, two of the three presses live on rolling carts, and none of them have to be in any specific place.

1 Like

Hey @mreynolds I connected the vinyl computer to the CAT5 cable coming out of the wall and it worked find. That cable has a broken pin on it that makes it slip out of the network card though. Just FYI.

Currently I have the printer and clamshell plugged into the same outlet. It worked yesterday? The vacuum isn’t plugged in yet, and the blue is on the floor because no table for it to call home.

@Webdevel yeah, I saw that cord too, but it needs replacing with a wall outlet, and then another cable drop is needed for both the printers and the design (double screen) computer.

@BarkingChicken can we order some good surge protecting power strips. At least two or three for that room

1 Like

Sure, I’ll pick them up this week at Home Depot while I’m picking up the rack for Resin.

3 Likes

Wow! Looks awesome.

Which side studio is which? Is sewing going to be in the room formerly known as Digital Media, or the one formerly known as the Conference Room?

Formerly known as digital media. The conference room houses all the actual digital stuff now.

1 Like

Thanks mucho! For layout purposes, those two rooms have different dimensions. Please note that the dimensions listed are north/south by east/west, and they are in decimal feet, not feet/inches.

1 Like

The 24” one won’t be coming until expansion is completed. Rich is using it for blueprints and such.

1 Like

It sounds like the design computer will need to move to the 13.1’ wall near the door, so the printers can line the back 16’ wall

Six of one half dozen of the other. @hardsuit is checking with IT to see what’s going to be required for the printers logistically so we don’t have shrink issues like we did in the annex. The biggest thing is just making sure nothing is in front of them.

I’d be shocked if Expansion was done by the end of the year so we have a while before we need to fit the 24" in there…and then we will be on the horizon of hopefully getting a full upgraded system with measurements unknown.