Create a .sew file from jpeg

Please select the most appropriate category for any new threads. Thank you!

:bulb: NOTE: New threads created as "uncategorized" will not show up on the list of "recent" topics. If you want to be sure that your thread is seen in the list of "recent" topics, it must be added to a specific category or sub-category. Please select the one most appropriate for the topic you are creating. This will also make it easier for members to locate the thread at a later date by browsing through the category associated with the subject of your thread. Thanks!

I would like to know how to take a .png file and set it up as a .sew file

for the folks at Promo n stitch to work on a couple of shirts

they charge an extra heavy fee for this unless you can provide it

I would the following without the produce along the top and to stitch in white thread

We have a copy of SewArt64 I believe. There had been discussions from the person (I will let them identify themselves) who spent many hours trying to make it work that they might be interested in teaching a class on it.

I will say that my research into it shows that it is a fairly tedious, labor intensive and time-consuming process to create the stitching files. The costs to convert a graphic are actually indicative of the time and effort that has to go into the creation of the file.

3 Likes

I am one of the people who uses SewArt64. I’ll let others chime in here, but even without the produce in the image, I think you would have a lot of trouble with that image using the software we have. SewArt64 doesn’t recognize or create text. It would treat it like pixels. At the size you would need for a shirt, I think you would be quite disappointed in how the “FARMERS MARKET” text would turn out. I have had some success reproducing 28 point heavy block text (Arial Black, bold) using SewArt64 but the tiny bits that hang off of this text, giving it its characteristic identify, would be lost.

You have three other options. (1) Pay the people who are going to stitch the shirt. (2) Pay a professional (with a more robust software set) to program the image. You should be able to get this done for about $35. This is a good option if you need a lot of shirts stitched. (3) You could get the shirts done somewhere like VistaPrint. If you can clean up the image to meet their guidelines (300 pixels/inch, no text smaller than 1/4", and remove the text shadowing from your image), you can get embroidered men’s polo shirts for $20-22 (white with green thread) or $25 - 27 (green with white thread).

Regardless of where you do this, you will likely need to (a) convince them that you aren’t violating Sprouts’ trademark/copyright and (b) get a much higher resolution image.

1 Like

After playing with the SewArt the other day I gotta second that motion to just pay the people what they’re asking to do it. That is not going to be a quick click kinda translation

thanks guys

I have found a solution

let’s close the thread

thanks again