Create A Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee

I have posted a request to create a Reloading and Gunsmithing Committee on the next board meeting. I have talked to 5 people that are interested in joining the committee if it is approved. Anyone else that is interested in joining please contact me.

Russell Ward

2 Likes

Don’t forget to make a wiki page!
Per the Rules, a committee cannot be “officiated” by the board unless a wiki page exists prior to the board meeting.

You can add me as well.

I’m interested. I’m also interested in making projectiles like with a Corbin press. I’d like to make projectiles & the parts for them.
I do already reload & have been for about a year. I have a rock chucker & load master

It sounds like an interesting committee, but please, please make sure you don’t run afoul of ATF. Please consider making one of your committee members responsible for checking out and following those regs. That’s a headache that Makerspace doesn’t need.

3 Likes

I went ahead and took care of that.

1 Like

I added a request to the BoD January 19th meeting agenda on your behalf. Please feel free to edit it however you feel is necessary.

Eric, thank you for doing this. Russell Ward

Thank you Chris for your interest. It is always good to try to keep from running afoul of the bureaucrats. Russell Ward

I’m interested in the committee forming, but I’m a real newby.

Just wanted to voice support. I don’t really know enough about reloading and all that to get too involved but some day I’ll learn.

Question: how does reloading at the space work with powder and primers and all that? I know we have a press but was just wondering if there was anything against potential explosives in the space.

I’m interested also … haven’t done a look of shooting in last 10 years, but would like to get back into it.

Can’t store components onsite is the main issue.

Add me too Russell.

Did you remove it from the wiki???

EDIT: NVM, I’m blind.

I am in.

The wiki link above still works for me @bscharff

I am interested as well. I have some experience building ARs, as well as some basic refinishing things (stocks, bluing, etc).

I put it just after Benjamin Groves item. Or if you mean the wiki page it is under proposed committees.

Russell

Think that we now have awareness of the proposed committee page and I can stop citing interest from this Talk thread…

Uhm, OK. Might break a few links I put into place here and there but I imagine that’s so you can promptly offer a proposal for use of the presumably just-vacated radio room?

I think it’s a great idea, honestly. I’d be happy to help get the room ready.

I’ll be there on 1/20 to clear out some.