CrashCart back in operation

The CrashCart is back in operation with the Samsung TV installed. It has Chromecast setup as well as a PC with a wireless keyboard.

It lives in the Conference Room but can be used in other areas as needed. Please return it, with the keyboard and remote to the Conf. Room when done.

9 Likes

We will be adding a document camera so it can be used to zoom in on projects, like in Science or Jewelry, for classes.

We will also look at adding Open Broadcaster Software to record and broadcast/stream projects.

6 Likes

Check with Laser to see whether they are still using the camera which straps onto a wrist. Patrick used to use in when he taught laser classes and if they no longer do that, we can make it available for individuals doing a demo.

Thanks Bill. I did get Merissa’s OK to use it (not sure where it is now), and Stan has a webcam for us to test as well.

Both go thru USB, and would require the PC. That is not too much of a problem. But I am also wondering about direct to HDMI that does not, uhmm… cost $500+.

Stan told me he put a PC on the cart though it is not a particularly fast one.

Yes, we can see if it handles OBS well, and perhaps some other software?

i3, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, Win 10

Does this show up on calendar as a tool to reserve? That way when you schedule a class you know you’ll have it.

1 Like

I added it as a tool to the calendar last night.

2 Likes