Crap ton of “Antique” darkroom supplies

I’ve been given the thumbs up to “sell” contents of a darkroom from the school. Ya, I know right. This isn’t exactly a sale - it would specifically (and importantly) need to be a donation to art club and you “surprise” get some stuff. I can take a check or cash but we are unable to do square or anything like that. I’m going to get it listed on Craigslist at some point when I’m not feeling like my entire life is on fire. They are former supplies from classes obviously. A ton of stuff, but I do realize it’s all out of fashion and out of date. I figure somewhere someone might be searching.

How much do I want for this stuff? Not entirely sure to be honest. On an aside I’m willing to trade it for a working drill press or a collection of tools that could be used in sculpture class.

included:
Paintcan pinhole camera
Powdered 5 gallon Kodak powdered developer no expiration found
Powdered 1 gallon Kodak powdered fixer expired 2006 9 total bags
Powdered 1 gallon Kodak powdered developer
Expired 2012 1 bag

8x10
24 opened packages of 25 sheets ilford multigrade IV unknown quantity pearl unknown if they have been exposed to light
2 packages 25 sheets opened glossy
8 pearl 25 sheets unopened

5x7
28 packages iforld opened pearl unknown quantity unknown if they have been exposed to light
8 packages 25 sheet ilford glossy unopened
1 pack unopened pearl 100 sheets
7 pearl opened

8 stop baths concentrate liquid no expiration found some opened some not

Squeegee
Apron
Paper Light safe box
Exposure Paper holder (totally forgot what that thing is called)
Three trays
Assorted Mixing cups
3 Tongs
2 exposure timers - old school swag looking
2 safelights that are totally 1950s and adorable
1 besler printmaker 35 exposure unit

All in “as is” condition. It’s all been in a cabinet forever and was spared from the wrecking ball. This is just an attempt to dehoard and help my kids out in the process.

I loved pin hole cameras at school. Nostalgia is screaming to buy this stuff but I really honestly dont need another pile of stuff for another hobby.

Hope it finds a home!

1 Like

I’m sure I could come up with a donation. just depends on dollar value or quality of drill press you are looking for.
Thanks!

Working would be a good start, I’m not a brand whore as in my class I’m not exactly allowed to be a picker nor a chooser.
I don’t have time to mess with broken tools at school, when I have 100 kids a day it’s trouble if anything goes down so something dependable. I don’t mind a used one. Standing would be glorious but I can’t beg.

I start school tomorrow I’ll send you a pm. Hope we can make it worth our time.

1 Like

I’m a traditional photographer (eg don’t shoot digital) but I hate to say you won’t find a ton of interest in this in ‘for sale’ fashion. To give an example I got both my 4x5 enlargers for free (those would have been $$$ new) and paid only $50 for 15+ trays, darkroom lights, timers, etc) The paper and chemicals are most likely so bad they won’t be usable in normal printing. Someone experimenting in printing techniques might get use out of them but the paper may be so fogged it’s not worth it. Plus that Ilford paper isn’t discontinued and widely available pretty inexpensivly. Best items would be your timers, safe lights, and enlarger but most people that are getting back into film don’t print traditionally.