Cowtown Hamfest 2019 - This Weekend January 18-19

The Cowtown Hamfest 2019 is this weekend. Located in South Fort Worth at the Forest Hill Civic and Convention Center. I’ve never been to this one before but will be there on Saturday looking for some good stuff. Education programs, FCC Testing, and of course the Swap Meet area. Check out the new radio equipment and stock up your ham shack.

3 Likes

I was just looking for one of these! Thanks for the heads up.

I attended the Cowtown Hamfest on Saturday. I had never attended this Hamfest before. It was cold and windy!!! There was only one brave guy in the outdoor Swap Meet area. At the indoor Swap Meet area there were about 20-30 vendors.

It was the usual crowd of vendors that you see at these types of events. Jim Sargent, the Auctioneer, was there selling vacuum tubes and old electronics books. He is always at these events. Had to pick up a few replacement tubes I needed.

So, what were the other treasures that I picked up? I found a nice Hickok 534 Vacuum Tube Tester to originally be used for parts. Got home and it works just fine. Now I have second thoughts about tearing it down for the parts I need, so my search continues for an Acorn tube socket. I found some original military manuals for the I-177 and TV-2 Vacuum Tube Testers. There was a very nice EPROM Eraser that I could not pass up for 10 bucks. Got a brand new network cable punch-down tool for 2 bucks, will need that in the Suite 102 Server Room for new cabling. All in all a worthwhile trip to the South end of Fort Worth.

Jim Sargent told me that he will have another Auction coming up in mid-April in Garland. Lots of antique radios and Ham Radio equipment. No actual date yet, I’ll keep everybody posted when the time gets closer. This will be his last auction at this address since the owners are selling the building.

1 Like

LOL I saw HAMfest and thought it was a BBQ competition.

1 Like

Hmmm…COWtown…HAMfest…BBQ. I guess that sounded reasonable.

1 Like

Especially now with the Stock Show and Rodeo…

1 Like