Covid-19 Vaccine Trial, Pfizer

HUGE NEWS!

BNT162R2, the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine is highly effective, over 90%, in preventing Covid-19 infection!

Operation Warp Speed will be implemented to distribute this vaccine, using the US Military for transport and logistics, in unison with Pfizer. Depending upon when the FDA gives Emergency Use Authorization, shipment will begin immediately.

There are a few factors which make this treatment unique, and logistics tricky.

1. BNT162R2 has to stay cooled to -70’F, with a 30 Day expiration.
  2. Local sites will have Liquid Nitrogen refrigeration, with only a 5 Day expiry.
  3. The Vaccine Trial required 2 doses, at a 21 day separation. It takes appr 28 days from the 1st injection to acquire full immunity.
  4. The cost for BNT162R2 is about $19.50 per dose, and the first 1.9 Billion doses have been prepaid by the Fed Govt.
4 Likes

Want to bet our co-pays are more than this?

1 Like

You probably meant BNT162b2, not BNT162R2
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

2 Likes

Yep!

Your Doctor/Pharmacy will 1st ask if you have insurance; usually insurance pays 114% of medical costs, Medicare pays only 89%. $19.50 was the price the US Govt negotiated for 1.9 Billion doses from BioNTech/Pfizer.

At $19.50 per 30ug dose, this stuff is worth about 10 times as much as Gold!

1 Like

Better stock up on liquid nitrogen now lol, looks like it will be in short supply soon

2 Likes

Dude, you are brave!

The military has already spent $12 billion to ramp up for delivery. So the cost is easily more than $19/dose, need to add the $40 delivery fee. :wink:

3 Likes

Warp Speed has spent that $12 Billion to pre-order 100s of millions of doses of forthcoming vaccines from several Big Pharmas involved in Phase 2/3 trials; Astra, Pfizer, JnJ, etc… Some were bargained at $15.00, some at $19.50, and some at higher prices, I’d guess.

2 Likes

Was referring to the 60 minutes interview where Gus Perna said they had spent to date $12 billion but then went into the delivery of vaccines. Interview made it unclear what the money was for.

Went back and re-read the transcript, now makes more sense.

Thanks for sharing the project info as you participate in the trial.

2 Likes

Breaking News! Sorry to Necro-thread this, but it is very prescient.

BioNTech/Pfizer’s BNT162B2 is approved for Emergency Use Authorization by the Advisory Board of Doctors at the FDA, still awaiting the final sign-off by FDA Officers. Moderna goes through FDA hearings next week, and then 4 more vaccines are in line behind them.

This will begin quickly, and none-too-soon. Health Workers will get the 1st doses at local hospitals, then older and at-risk persons. I’m guessing that Physicians will have to order vaccination at 1st, as they did during preliminary testing for Covid-19, when tests were limited. If you happen to be compromised, or have multiple co-morbidities diagnosed by your Physician, you should probably check with them to get your place in the line.

This long nightmare is ending, everybody get in line.

2 Likes

This is a Necro-Thread, if there ever was; but this is the nature of medical trials.

I entered the Pfizer Trial on Sept 1st, 2020.

In May 2021 they called to ask/enter me in the Booster Trial; I said “Yes”. In June 2021, the FDA and CDC told Pfizer they didn’t need a Booster. When the Delta wave hit America (Summer 2021), we lost another 350,000 people. This should not have happened.

They gave me the Booster on Aug18th, 2021. Unlike the 1st two rounds, this one had side effects. 11 months after the initial vaccine; I had Flu symptoms for 36 hours; fever, body aches, fatigue, and chills.

The reason that I’m posting this, is because of what came next. Last week my Doc ordered blood work ahead of an annual checkup, so I asked for an Antibody Assay (to see how well the Booster was holding up). In the previous assay I got a 53.4, just 3.4 above positive.

On Friday my Doc told me I had Covid in January! Thinking back, I had a fever and went to bed without aspirin or IBU because it was no big deal. I awoke the next day just fine. That was Omicron for me. For the 4X Americans who caught Omicron (with the same death toll as the Wuhan and Delta Waves) it was very different.

I’ve been lucky. I took the live vax and lived, I waited way too long to get Boosted and never got Delta Corona, then when the Booster wore off, my defense system was poised to deal with Omicron.

If you’ve had the vax (and booster), 1000-1500 is a normal antibody count, and anything above about 230 is protective. By comparison, my antibody count was 15,678 after getting Covid. If you have been vaxxed, your chances of avoiding being a statistic are exceptionally good.

I seriously believe that experience is everything for our defense systems. Big Pharma has made money from the pandemic, granted; but it is small compared to what they earn by keeping people alive against heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Covid…etc.

Original predictions said we could lose 4,000,000 in this pandemic, if we lose 1,000,000 this will prove a real victory.

I wish you all the best, and despite the disinformation, follow the Science.

5 Likes

For anyone that might like to know about how the new vaccines were developed there is a new book out called the first shots. Add stock market at idle but I’ve heard an interview with author and it sounds very interesting makes me wish I could still read. But it’s available on I Amazon and it sounds report of how companies work together and how they worked on the groundwork of what already had been done to develop a vaccine quick