COVID-19 and natural selection?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I think Natural Selection depends on them not reproducing. I don’t know if they had children or not. But yeah…

Oh, I almost forgot the fish tank cleaner guy…

1 Like

I thought I heard that this guy contracted it, but cannot find anything saying that.

A ton of people in the autoimmune community are struggling to get access to hydroxychoroquine, which is a common medication to treat the inflammatory autoimmune response. I’m lucky(ish) that I was just recently taken off of it, but I keep seeing people on the support discord servers I’m on who can’t find plaquenil in their area now because of it getting bought out. It sucks because one of the biggest things plaquenil helps with is fatigue, and for a lot of them their quality of life is severely affected.

hydroxychoroquine, the next “toilet paper…”

Wasn’t Katrina supposed to be for this also?

If you’re going to blame the Almighty for the troubles, there are So Many to choose from…

And – when “they” were saying that a string of tornados and bad weather in the Midwest was the Almighty punishing folks for homosexuality, I thought that he must have particularly bad aim. Even in our big tornado last year, he missed Oak Lawn. So, either that’s not the reason, or it’s not him.

2 Likes

Mine was a question, not a statement.

The “Reverends” Jesse and Al blamed the major floods Tx had a few years ago on Tx being to conservative.

Last time I checked - Aids, H1N1, swine flu, covid-19, etc., etc. didn’t ride in on a Pale Horse.

Grow up folks.
Get over yourselves.

3 Likes

Sorry – that was the generic “you”. Rather like “they”. You know, “they” say. I always wonder exactly who “they” are…

1 Like

According to a quasi-professional acquaintance: “They” are rock stars and news anchors; the talking heads of our day… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A Randomized Control Trial during an epidemic is a cruel trick.

Poor poor Lupus sufferers, perhaps missing a round to give it to someone hospitalized with Covid-19.

I’ve had Lupus for 20 years, my SRE was 43 on the last test. it’s a small sacrifice.

1 Like

I have often said you can’t make dead worse. So in that situation trying anything you can think of may be warranted. In that situation, I believe it is important to obtain informed consent prior to using an unproven therapy and doing so in the context of a clinical trial would be the best way to learn if that treatment has any value.

That, however, is a far cry from people who are well keeping hydroxychloroquine at home just in case they might become sick as approximately 80% of people infected appear to recover without requiring hospitalization and not all of those hospitalized die. First, do no harm is the guiding principle, and while I agree hydroxychloroquine is not the most dangerous medicine that exists, it does have the potential to cause harm.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about that but in late February I called my cardiologist’s office and asked for a separate 90-day Rx for everything to be sent to Walmart (not my normal pharmacy) so I could cash-pay for a 90 day extra supply. They thought I was crazy and I had to escalate it to a supervisor. After about five minutes of ‘splaining he seemed to get it and submitted the prescriptions. In the end he said, “I guess that seems sensible.”

I’d love to hear what he has to say now. Cardiologist’s office.

1 Like

Your cardiologist (if you actually spoke to him/her) listened to you, kudos to him or her! If you weren’t talking to him/her then probably a MA or front office staff following office policy which undoubtedly has changed by now. You were ahead of the curve so kudos to you.

1 Like

Sigh. Another one.

2 Likes

Interested in this med for fatigue.
I was told only aderall type med or prescribed speed could help with this. Will research. TY

Its not at all like adderall. It will only help if your fatigue is due to inflammation from something like an autoimmune disorder. Do not take this without discussing with a doctor.