Cover for vacuum former?

Moderator note: I’m splitting off posts from a different thread. Ken’s quote above was the initial posting.

1 Like

That dust isn’t from sitting for months. It takes days in that area to get a coating of dust that would equal months at a typical home. It’s a terrible thing for Vector at times and I’m sure it affects Science as well.

Please don’t take that dust as the machine sitting for weeks untouched. That area is horrifically dusty.

2 Likes

No I agree, it’s not from months of sitting. Just an accumulation of one week. I dusted off the week before. We need a cover for it. Alas I do not have sewing skills as you may remember from the curtains hiding the bathrooms at open house 2 years ago.

1 Like

So we need to plan on making a cover for it Does it need to be fabric or does it need to
be plasitc

Canvas, in my opinion.
Wait, are you offering to make a cover for the vacuum former, or the proposed printer?
Doesn’t matter. Canvas is always better, in my opinion…

1 Like

I believe I have some canvas I claimed from the freebie shelf last year

The Vacuum former is a current issue so it needs to be addressed
It may have to wait until after Christmas, but I will see if I can dig out the canvas

1 Like

The dust you saw is from Woodshop continually propping open the double doors. This shouldn’t be happening (@Azalaket, I don’t want to have to start positing pictures of the offenders)

1 Like

Need a canvas cover for it.

I’ll bring in the canvas if someone will sew it. 4’ x 12’ piece (HF drop cloth - just like the material in Metal Shop Covering the Shear, Brake and Slip Roller

2 Likes

I will need the measurements and if I can get some help in
cutting the fabric I can sew it up,

1 Like

There’s probably a huge contributing factor from people sanding and grinding right next to it… just last week there was a couple sanding some tables 15 feet away by vector.

4 Likes