Couple of woodworking questions

I have several projects I’m currently working on, and need to do some finishing. Is there a place designated for applying stains and varnishes? Or is this a fume issue, and should be done elsewhere?

Also, getting tired of hauling around all the parts and pieces. Haven’t yet figured out how project storage work, and guidance and suggestions for temporary storage of cut-down plywood (1x48) and various wood parts and pieces would be appreciated.

Must be a tougher question than I thought…

Not sure if we have any rules about applying stains and varnishes, if it is so fumey that other people in workshop will complain it would be good to apply it outside.

For storage you can put your stuff in a project storage shelf spot and fill out a card and you get until the end of the month. At which point you either have to remove it or go to(or send proxy to) monthly storage meeting and ask for an extension.

If your stuff can’t fit on a project storage shelf, you can put it on a pallet and put pallet near the vacuum former (always leave a filled out storage card on your stuff!)

1 Like