Costume makers resource: The Foam Cave for templates and techinques

I wandered into this site today and thought it would be a useful resource for cosplay costume makers.

http://www.thefoamcave.com/

Has free and for-fee templates, tutorials, etc. primarily on using foam for making costumes. LOTS of gauntlet styles, advise on using plastic-dip to strengthen foam, etc.

3 Likes

The best resource I have found for foam templates and costume designs:

The entire RPF is a great resource that should be better known among costume makers and crafters.
www.therpf.com

Hey y’all I’m going to push this under costumes. Because Lisa is trying to get us uber organized. Have fun! When is the next costume meetup?

Hello,

I’m new to costuming (and Makerspace), and would like to get some assistance with a Star Wars Clone Trooper costume. Who would be knowledgeable in this at Makerspace? Thanks!

1 Like

@maxk68 Given the excellence of your Star Trek costumes your name was the first I thought of.

I’ve also heard @Val_Curry is the person to talk to about silicone/resin mold making: correct? Are there any plans for a class on the basics or mold making? I’ve checked on the calendar and didn’t see anything in the near future. Thanks!

I will be doing a mold making and cold cast resin class sometime in the next couple of weeks

2 Likes

Awesome! I will definitely be in attendance! Thanks!