Cosplay SIG #2 Minutes

Thanks to all who came out for our 2nd Cosplay SIG, here follows a brief version of the minutes.

We have been invited as a group to attend the “Famous Monsters of Movieland” convention next month by the organizers of the convention via PR (@Adam_Oas). We had a few members, including myself, confirm that we would like to attend and will discuss with organizers (again via PR) about getting a booth on behalf of DMS to exhibit our capabilities and equipment (with photos etc) for the con-goers (its a word).

Also under discussion was, “What classes we would like to take”. David (@Photomancer) took a list of which classes each of us would like to seek out within the next month (or so). It was good to see much variety in requests, from fabrics (sewing basics, pattern making) to electronics design.

David was also kind enough to give the group a more thorough tour of some of the tools that we could be using during future meetings.

And also, welcome to @BCaillier who signed up as a member during class.

10 Likes

So bummed I missed it. Thanks for posting these! Good to know what went on and that classes were discussed!

1 Like

The idea that we attend “Famous Monsters of Movieland” would be a great exposure for the Space and a great way to show our case ourselves. If we can get a table, Mark is looking into cost, it might be a good venue for us. @Adam_Oas

2 Likes

Thanks Mark! I’ll see if there is something that I can work on for the Famous Monsters in May. Sounds like fun!

Sounds great. I would love to go if possible to that event. My apologies for missing meeting #2. My timing seems to be way off for the meetings.

1 Like

grrr! missed another one! I really want to make it to this SIG.

1 Like

Mark so excited about this monster thing. I am signed up to take the foam making class later this month and had some ideas of what we can do as props. Also, I loved the idea of working on steampunk items at one meeting. I’ve been eyeing top hats and goggles, but if I can learn to make it that would be great too. @Photomancer i think that is your ball park, will have to get some time with you so I can get a supply list together.

@Webdevel Jorge, is also a good source for googles. Catch me when you can at the Space to discuss what you want to make.

1 Like

Thank you! I will. :slight_smile:

Did someone say steampunk goggles??

4 Likes

Very cool. I’d love to make a starter pair. There is a lot on the internet so very overwhelmed where to even start and be successful. As always everything looks so easy and simple.