Cork message board

@Team_Logistics, we’re trying to figure out where the best place to put our cork board and we would really like to put it on the wall just outside of CA (see picture below, white wall), but that’s not technically part of our space. Can someone official approve this?

My understanding is that walls belong to PR. tagging @Team_PR

2 Likes

Judy is correct.

That wall and the opposite were used for as an art gallery last year for John’s State Fair pictures.

1 Like

If it is not possible to put the cork board there we can find another spot, I just thought it was ideal for people passing to be able to see flyers on the board if placed there.

1 Like

That’s a good sell to convince PR :slight_smile:

Considering that the lobby it has traditionally been outside of is now moved, I agree that moving it (at least the one i know about) elsewhere will make it more effective. Is this wall the best spot for this or should it be put it in/near the new lobby?

Regardless, I’ve just ordered a 2nd 36x24 corkboard exactly like it - it should be here by or before July 31st. If we decide to move the corkboard in question somewhere other than that wall, Creative Arts is welcome to use the new one however they see fit, as long as they get cleared by the appropriate party.

1 Like

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. I am talking about the black fabric covered cork board that is currently still sitting in the old CA room.

Andrew, i mentioned it at the pr meeting I came to, but maybe you’re not fully understanding. ALL of the hallway wall space technically “belongs” to public relations; not just lobby walls. I don’t know whether any art exhibits have been mounted since you joined makerspace, but the hallway outside the galley and the hallway outside the former CA room have hosted many awesome displays from large block prints to the 10”x10” challenge, to class exhibits. Last fall, @uglyknees posted many “vote with signal dots” surveys on the walls outside the new CA area.having dynamic walls made the space a lot more inviting.

The bulletin board that backs up to the old lobby is the only “public” bulletin board. I think there would be value in keeping the one where it is, but adding the new one near the new lobby.

What Shay is requesting is permission to place a committee-specifically bulletin board next to the entrance to our area. The walls immediately adjacent to the entryway are (1) a doorway and (2) a wall that would require a visitor to physically turn around to see. But it would be nice to promote classes being offered in the near future by committee members to the random people passing by.

3 Likes

I wanted to confirm this, thank you. Yes, I saw pictures of all the art around the space a few years ago and it looked fantastic! Shay has my permission to put up the board. I’m excited to come up with ways we can spruce up the walls!

1 Like

Thank you!