Cooking Classes- Sushi Making, Knife Skills, Knife Sharpening

That should be fine. Just don’t use the name when they ask you where it is…

Also don’t look them in the eye…use any q’s in your words…say “pink underbelly”…or tell them where the body is.

4 Likes

Honest question, how does this differ from the Barista Basics? I didn’t see any concerns when that class was discussed. Are preparing beverages not included in this code?

1 Like

I’m even more interested now.

1 Like

Honest question, how does this differ from the Barista Basics?

I agree; how does a sushi and knife skills class differ? Afterall with Barista Basics we still have to clean the equipment and meet restaurant grade food storage safety for milk/coffee beans. Is it because milk turns into cheese?

1 Like

To avoid all health code things and so I can get started, I would like to host a knife sharpening and knife skills (vegetable cutting) class. We will not be eating the vegetables practiced upon. I will order pizza for us to eat.

Does anyone know someone who composts or has a worm farm? Or maybe have pets/livestock that love veggies?

If you are interested, please DM me and tell me what your skill level is, what you would like to learn how to cut, and when we should hold the class.

Thanks

Edit: someone has kindly volunteered to take the produce for his composting system

4 Likes

I’m interested too!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We’re working on the food-involved parts of my class offering but for now, the first knife/blade sharpening class will be Tue Nov 6 6pm — 7:30pm in the Wood Working Shop.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/8475

Thanks friends

2 Likes