Confirming committee meeting this Saturday

I’m new to DMS and I was told by the folk from the machining shop that the metal shop committee happens the first Saturday of the month. I’m looking forward to attending and helping up with cleanup and getting myself familiar with the shop. Would there be a meeting this Sat Aug 1st at noon?

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Metal shop meets first Saturday of every month and this coming weekend is no exception.

If you’re needing the safety class that’s a pre-req for our welding and plasma classes, one is scheduled for this Friday. It’s on the calendar

-Jim

4 Likes

Which calendar is it posted? Is not on the DMS event calendar.

It’s in your screenshot. July 31st, hot process safety

It’s the pre-req before going machine-side with the welders and plasma torches

I think they’re referring to the committee meeting.

Dumb question, I’ve aready taken a hot process class. Is there one for metal shop and one of machine shop?

Doesn’t look like the Metal Shop committee meeting is on the calendar for August or September (or later).

I do see Blacksmithing and Machine Shop Committee meetings already on the calendar through at least November (Yay!).

It’d be nice if ALL committees did likewise - it would be especially useful for new members who may not know “the usual time” for committees In which they might be interested. They could also share virtual meeting Login details here.

1 Like

Ehhm. Lol December for Machine Shop. I put them on the calendar pretty far out. Including the election in October.

Absolutely missed that; I had so many requests for training recently my ears are about to fall off and my mouth go dumb.

I’ve added it to the calendar: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15861

I usually throw up a few months worth at a time; I’m doing that right now actually since it’s that time again. I was waiting to see if I would be chair again before I “owned” the meetings on the calendar.

Hot process is for the metal shop; the machine shop doesn’t have any hot work. They do, however, have various classes for the different equipment present in the machine shop.

-Jim

1 Like

“At least November” has got you covered.

Blacksmithing only did through Nov because we’ll have Committee chair elections then and someone else might be running the meeting at that point.

I did the same thing when I was Blacksmith Chair last time round (e.g. set up Dec-May meetings on the Calendar). Looks like Joe did the same for this 6 month cycle.