Computer Vision Project

Hello,

I am wanting to start up a computer vision project. I have some basic knowledge of machine learning and continue to self-educate. I have my project goals in mind and have experience programming in various languages (non-professionally) but I’m not familiar with OpenCV specifically. I was going to just dig in and learn but if anyone is out there with experience using OpenCV, I’m interesting in talking and am not beyond buying a beer (or a case if need be) to chat.

Best,
Brad

1 Like

There is a weekly machine learning class on the calendar. I would advise starting there beyond this post. Good luck!

2 Likes

If you don’t end up connecting with someone, you might take a look at the “Mastering Computer Vision” Udemy course. Although I’d title it ~ “A Solid Introduction to OpenCV with Python”, I have a somewhat similar background as yours and that course was my foundation in creating a proof of concept and hopefully a minimum viable product OpenCV based app.

1 Like

I’m partial to starbucks not stouts. But that’s besides the point.

OpenCV is actually rather easy to work with. There’s a load of tutorials from the developers and community. Several bindings in many languages and it can be ran with nothing more than linux on a pi with a webcam.

This ease does also depend on what language one is writing in.

Could you tell us more about the tech stack your working with and the project’s goals?

2 Likes