Computer Vision Class?

Would anyone be interested in a class on Computer Vision? I could teach a basic class with simple feature detection algorithms, and instructions on calibrating a camera. If there was enough interest I could go into more advanced topics such as stereo vision and depth maps. Computer Vision is a ton of fun. I once used a stereo vision setup to build a baseball catching robot :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Schedule permitting, I am interested. It may be an advanced topic, but I am interested in the possibility of counting cars entering/leaving a busy parking lot.

I would be interested in this class.

Russell

I would be interested, but I have a highly unusual schedule.

Sincerely,
Tim Nielsen

Yes, are you thinking open source or any software package in specific

I was planning on teaching openCV

2 Likes

I’d be interested, schedule permitting.

OpenCV is what I am most interested in are you considering a series of classes or just an introduction

It would depend on the interest. I could teach a introduction, or spread it out across several more in depth classes.

I am definitely interested!

Im interested either way but mostly interested in something that goes more in depth. Ive already got a strong background in surveillance and automation and would really like to add computer vision to my ever expanding list of over qualifications.

I would be interested as well!

Count me in. I have an interest in machine vision, but it’s not something I’ve worked with in a while, so an intro to the current state-of-the-art would be good.

I would be interested, schedule permitting. Especially since this would be an intro to OpenCV.

I am interested in an OpenCV course as well.

Yes. Will it be OpenCV or a Python library?

I’ll be teaching OpenCV. OpenCV is a library that’s written in C++, but has bindings in many languages including Python. I’ll be teaching and showing examples in C++.

Do you have a rough idea on when you plan to teach the CV class?

I’m thinking late March.

Definitely interested. I’ve actually had a number of projects in mind for this.