Computer programmer in the house

I need the help of a computer programmer. The project shouldn’t be too difficult. Please email me at [email protected]. I can pay a reasonable fee if desired. If anyone can point me in the right direction that too would be appreciated

1 Like

Details on language and functional requirements would go a long way to getting responses.

Web project? Local application? Network service? Client/server model? CLI/GUI? OS/Cross platform requirements?

5 Likes

I need a program that will allow completed forms filled out or a tablet to be transferred to a computer program. The forms could be in PDF format. But need to be filled out , signed and saved on the tablet and then transferred to a program on another computer. Wirelessly. Where it will be stored.What program do you work with? And does it sound very what program do you work with? And does it sound hard to you.There is a network involved with a firewall. Thanks.
there is a network involved with a firewall. Thanks Brian Glazer
All the specifics I’d leave to the programmer since this is way out of my wheelhouse.

Sounds more like one just needs to use something like docusign. wufoo, or google forms.

All of which are cloud based and store directly to anything that has google drive syncing. Including tablets.

Their super easy to use, point and click/wysiwyg interfaces with no programming involved.

Unless one is looking to build out their own document management platform for whatever intellectual property or regulatory reasons. It’s just best to go with the ones that have been well matured and proven in the market.

2 Likes

Presently the documents are filled out in paper then scanned. The software initiates the scanner , captures the image then the software offers a drop down menu offering where to store the documents. Can we access the menu system? I prefer easy!!

Every scanner software I have used has this workflow.
Here is an example. I selected one where the menu is built into the scanner.

1 Like

no menu system needed.

1. Install google sync folder
  2. scan documents
  3. save as pdf using pdfwriter and put in one’s Document folder
  4. documents automatically are on your tablet thanks to google drive

Improvements…

1. go google native and drop the paper work

1 Like

Denzuko,
What I need is a sign in page( looks nice) where the client states their first and last name and birthdate.upon the clients arrival a staff member will check boxes on that front page That corresponds to documents that the client must fill out. Different forms will need to be filled out for different clients.Once the client fills out the documents and signs them they are saved and via a macro or script transferred to my software program where they can be placed in the correct place. I don’t want to scan any handwritten documents manually. I want them to be filled out on the electronicform and through macros inserted in my program where it belongs.I don’t need any email sent after the e- documents are completed. I don’t really need the documents once they’re completed to be stored in a Google Drive. I hope this clarifies a little more about what I need.I appreciate your help so far. Is this a project you’d be interested in pursuing. If so how much would you change.

Brian Glazer

Is this a project you’d be interested in pursuing.

Oh by no means do I remotely have the bandwidth to do so.

I’m a project manager and solution architect by trade. Hacker (ie programmer that can reverse engineer code and hardware then make it do cool things the original designers never thought) by passion.

My only goal here was gather requirements and based on one’s requirements shown in this thread that the prebuilt tools pointed out earlier; google drive, docusign, and wufoo forms are exactly what one would need. All of which do not require any coding and can be completed by anyone on your team with rudimentary computer skills (ie web browser, google/youtube, and ms office/gsuite).

If time and resources is a constraint then I’d suggest hiring a contractor from fivver or upwork.

Now that one has defined the basic requirements here on this thread then one can use those same requirements on either of those sites to get better quality responses and turn around.

1 Like

Denzuko
You have been very helpful. I appreciate all your input regarding how to move forward This is definitely not my arena so I’ll need to find the right person. Does this sound like a difficult project? Thanks.

Brian

1 Like

I was also going to suggest Google Forms to go paperless and then you have the forms populate a Google Sheets spreadsheet. Google Sheets is Google’s alternative to Excel, and works mostly the same way.

Is it ok if there is Google branding on your form, @b_glazer? If it is, I think this is your fastest and least expensive option.

2 Likes

difficult project?

not at all difficult.

Thanks for all the info.
I’m gonna give it a try.

Brian.

1. I will do it.

2. i want to put your company down on my resume. i’m looking to build my portfolio and this is perfect and right at my skill level.

3. what is the company? email me details.

3 Likes