Components purchasing

So I hate to say as the Hatchers Chair person that I do not know where to buy reloading components. When I was reloading often I was getting all my components from my girlfriends father because I was reloading for him also. So please enlighten me Hatchers people. Where can u get decently priced components? I’m looking for 115gr 9mm fmj projectiles, I was using 4.5gr of Unique powder but I am open to other suggestions on that and I know where to get casings and primers so that one I don’t need help on. @Axel_Ohmstede @Nick @Gimli and anyone else that may have insite

Try Rocky Mountain reloading. They are a great bunch of guys & gals. I am a member of The Highroad forum, they are members there as well. They give a discount for other members.

1 Like

Outdoor World Grapevine is where I usually pick up the small quantities of plated rounds I reload with (Berrys Bullets makes a good plated product) - Powder and primers I typically buy in quantity for cash at the larger gun shows I attend.

Online in larger quantities is cheaper - but you leave behind an easily traceable digital trail which I tend to try to avoid.

There are also services that take clean brass in quantity and return reloaded rounds if you want to avoid some of the work.

My future goal is to find a business that will barter with me - brass in calibers I don’t fire and/or cast and swaged rounds in trade for primers and powder. Get all cash and credit traces out of the equation entirely.

Almost forgot to say the shipping is free.

Do you get better pricing paying in cash at gun shows? And what kind of quantity are we talkin?

Well any quantity really would likely be cheaper than ordering online. Primer or powder both require a 27$ Hazmat fee. There is a place in Mesquite that sells at gun shows who has really decent pricing. I forget their name but back in the “Great Scare” they were 25$ for 231/HP38 when others were 30$. As for primers, I watch for sales & use the all mighty coupon, usually at Cabelas.

2 Likes

If we’re interested in doing a group buy, I would be happy to spearhead it. I have a wholesale account with Green Supply (best wholesaler for reloading components) as well as many other wholesalers.

1 Like

If you would like to do an interest check on that I know I prob a my wouldn’t mind buying some stuff

I might be interested in participating.in a group buy.

Typically I can get a 1000 CCI 500 primers for $27 cash at a gun show. Powder is a couple bucks cheaper at show prices than retail.

I don’t really include the show cover charge as I’m there anyway to window shop.

There is a show this weekend in Ft Worth at the coliseum that I plan to drop in on on Sunday. You get better deals near end of show on Sunday as people look at how much they have left which they will have to carry back out to their vehicles that night. I usually give myself 3 hours to look through the larger shows and buy close to closing.

1 Like