(Completed)Volunteer Opportunities - Attend an Award Ceremony

As this is the first post on this category in the meet the candidate thread @LisaSelk did an amazing group building a new category to post Volunteer Opportunities please remember this is not a discussion thread but a place to transfer ownership and report completion.

Attend banquet that is on May 5th at the DoubleTree in Richardson (75 & Campbell) starting around 6:30 with social, talk, dinner/awards presentation.

Hosted by ASME North Texas Section you will be required to accept a plaque on behalf of DMS for recognition of DMS’s efforts in the Mechanical Engineering community.

This is not a public event

I need an answer by April 31, 2017

Thank You,

Robert Davidson

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
4 Likes

Wouldn’t this be something to tag the #public-relations committee for?

1 Like

Yes, They were also on the original emails that came in but to my knowledge nobody has stepped up to go. I was planning on stopping by if nobody volunteered. Trying to delegate some duties.

2 Likes

Understood. Can you post any dress code requirements?

I don’t know of any but once someone says they will go I will contact the event host to get them registered and make introductions.

This is close enough to me such that I can easily accommodate. But I feel there are far better choices than me…for instance someone would need to brief me on just what DMS’s efforts in the Mechanical Engineering community actually are.

But, as an option of last resort (as in if no one better qualified steps forward), consider me volunteered.

6 Likes

@frank_lima @CalvinStence hey you two are our Engineers in training … great chance for one of you to network, maybe score a new pocket protector, grunt Engineer speak. Seriously, a good way to make contacts to get a job and that’ll pay off those student loans.

10 Likes

@mblatz ~ Thanks for offering to step in if no-one else does…

@Adam_Oas ~ this is the group that you stood in on their meeting to answer questions, gave them a tour, etc… Are you interested?

2 Likes

The email thread is from before I had access, and had seen that Robert had responded already, so I didn’t dive into it. I am available on the 5th to attend the ceremony and make a presentation on the Makerspace.

4 Likes

Whew! <liyhgvlhgv;lhv;hv;hv;hbv>

If someone else is very interested (we have had a couple people tagged here already) let me know and we’ll work out the details.

Sadly I have a final exam from 5-7:45 on May 5. Otherwise that would be fun, thanks David!

Can we take your robot?

1 Like

@Robert_Davidson

I would love to go if spots are still open.

3 Likes

Frank is confirmed going

3 Likes