Company wishes to donate a couple of Bridgport CNC's

Holy moly!! That’s awesome

1 Like

I’m willing to teach and depending on the reception/interest, I’d consider re-joining.

3 Likes

Exciting indeed and curiously well-timed!

1 Like

Do you know any more specs on it? We can discuss this tomorrow in the meeting.

1 Like

After a very quick search …
VMC 760

A somewhat more detailed listing on a particular 760 here.

Torq-Cut 30

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Out of curiosity would y’all also be donating any tool holders or accessories? Just planning possible set up cost. :grin:

Also I may have to do some research and see if it’s easier and more reasonable to get a 4th axis for one of these, over the HAAS

760 has a smaller ft print than Haas by about a ft in W and D.

Man, that is awesome news! Thank you so much for thinking of the DMS.

1 Like

If this is who I think it is, the company is just down the block. They recently donated the new lathe and the surface grinder.

@TBJK I think these guys are the heatsink shop

2 Likes

Lol, well now that I think of it, they do look familiar. That does make moving them to us cheaper

1 Like

We cannot do this. We already have a Bridgeport. This is just going to confuse everybody. :slight_smile:

@John_Marlow, something tells me Machine Shop is going to want to revise their expansion request…

4 Likes

This is amazing. Let’s make it happen.
I’ll bake them a cake!

7 Likes

How awesome! I was needing to take more classes! Thank you so much for thinking of DMS.

1 Like

We can move one to the plastics area and have it be the dedicated CNC for plastics

15 Likes

It is in fact the company you think.

I’ve spent a lot of time with both those machines and even though I’m not around, if you accept them I can help out if you have any questions regarding maintenance and/or service.

I also am highly suspect of those dimensions, that 760 certainly appears to be larger than any VF2, but maybe it is just an illusion.

4th axis will be a pain, BP was married to 4th axis that was basically manual rotary tables with motors, and they don’t seem to last.

8 Likes

Why should a donor be required to join just to teach a class?

You don’t have to be a member. We’ve had lots of non-members teach classes. A member must sponsor and sign-up for he class. Non-members have also received honorariums.

4 Likes

I’ll buy them however many Nothing Bundt Cakes they desire

6 Likes

amazing gift, i need to take the HAAS class, but having access to 3 VMC would be incredible.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

1 Like