Committees Need to have meetings before October 21st

It’s that time of year again and the committees need to put forth who the chairs will be. This should happen every October and every April.

We need to have the committee chairs on the next BOD meeting which is the 21st. Current chairs please create the meetings and put them on the calendar as soon as possible to ensure people are aware of the meeting.

This would also be a great time to discuss other subjects like how to organize the committee areas, what upcoming classes are happening and anything else pertinent to your area.

2 Likes

I’ll set the PR meeting soon and comment in this thread as a reminder of the date.

Perfect time to mention I’m not planning on continuing on as chair. If no one else is interested in stepping up at this time I’m willing to stay on for the next 6 months but that’ll absolutely be it.

If anyone is interested and wants to talk about what it involves etc, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

I also plan to remain involved in the committee so will absolutely still be helping out.

2 Likes

Logistics will meet On October 16th at 1:30PM in the Conference room (event has just been submitted, awaiting the 48-hour cooldown before it appears on the calendar). The current chair (aka “this guy”) would like to take a break for the next term, but can remain available to assist the successor.

3 Likes

as our board has requested the 3d fab committee meeting will be friday the 14th at 8pm in the conference room. if no one wishes to step up and take the reigns i shall continue the workload for another 6 months. as always i am 3d fabs humble servant and glutton for punishment XD.

2 Likes

Creative Arts meeting will be October 12th (sorry it’s during the week…sucks for me as well). I was going to jump ship this go around but I decided I’m WAYYYYY to much of a control freak. This is not to inhibit anyone else from running to be chair at all. Please feel free!

Our special interest groups have “people of wonderful importance” to avoid micromanagement on the part of the chair and also keep an eye on items that need to be ordered.
Fibers @kyrithia
Sewing @Kriskat30
Airbrush @Rio
Leather @bitta
Dye Sublimation @CaryF300
Cosplay/Costume @maxk68
Drawing/Painting @artnerdray

@artnerdray is working on a life/work balance so @Photomancer would like to run as co-chair or whatever title it needs.

https://www.facebook.com/events/640325086148732/?notif_t=plan_user_associated&notif_id=1475252559723238

3 Likes

Sorry, I can’t be there on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. If you need me to do anything, just let me know.

Erik, I would be interested in giving you a break and assist in getting it more automated. Is there a day that I can shadow you and see what you are currently doing? I know we at a new interval but not sure when you start the process of the purge.

1 Like

This upcoming Sunday I plan to start this month’s offsite migration, assuming that Patrick hasn’t gotten ambitious and taken care of it on Saturday.

What time on the CA meeting?

7:30 last time I looked.

Classroom Committee Meeting is posted for the 19th at 8 pm.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/887

I understand what you are saying Nicole (@uglyknees); but, I want to clarify and remind everyone that we no longer allow “Co-Chairs” in order to ensure a single point of final authority for any particular committee. That being said, the chairperson of a committee can appoint a “Vice-Chair” (someone to act as their back-up, etc…) or any number of helper type roles… The important thing is that there be only one individual on whom the final responsibility lies.

That being said… Thank you for all you do for Creative Arts and beautifying the 'Space with Art Shows, etc… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I no way could be Chair, there is no way I’d be successful at it. What I have offered to do to entice Nichol to continue to be our North Star is process all the receipts that she generates supporting CA (a lot). It is time consuming and quite frankly processing her receipts at Finance committee might actually save me some time. (she has something akin to a heiroglyph for initials and cryptic notes that frankly if I weren’t aware what CA were up to no one would know, think Linear A).

She wants to get back to making, so those of us that want, need, hope, pray she’ll stay our inpiration please find ways to help with the admin load. We are fotunate that we have organized around SIG’s that have active Team Leaders - thanks it helps greatly. Thank you.

We also have a great cadre of teachers and volunteers to keep things fixed so we can do an incredible number of things. It’s going to get better! Much CA’s success is due to our own internal leadership and assumption of our destiny.

The work of Finance Committee is greatly winding down and I became less involved in CA around January as I helped Allen Wan (he deserves many accolades) get us caught up so we could transition to an outside accounting firm. I desire to become more involved in my own projects just Nicole does.

See you the 12th to affirm our allegiance to CA and Nichol. Also bring ideas for the future to discuss.

This poltical ad was sponsored by Minions of CA & Nichol

4 Likes

OMG you’re so sinfully sweet to me. You’re my confessor, my trustee, and most importantly a dear friend. You’re so f-ing awesome. I’m going to come up with all sorts of fantastic names for everyone- helpers all of them.

I can make the oct 12th 730pm meetings. I will notate that in my calendar.

Rio

Vector committee meeting oct 15

Electronics Committee mtng on Tues - 10/18/16 - 7:00p E Lab

1 Like

PR Meeting – Monday 10/17 7pm, conference room.

Science Committee Mtng on Sunday - 10/16/16 - 2:00pm in Purple Classroom

Metal shop?

Aaaanybody?

1 Like