Committee Meetings to Elect Chairpersons

If you’re a committee chairperson please have a meeting in the next month to vote on the next chairperson. The new board of directors elected in April will ultimately approve and appoint new committee chairs but this process helps the new board of directors make a decision that the membership is behind. Please give this wonderful group of people listed below a round of applause for taking time out of their busy lives to serve you as members and help grow the organization.

@Lampy
@bscharff
@ESmith
@axeonos
@uglyknees
@rablack97
@Nick
@NightRanger
@artg_dms
@mrcity

If I’ve made a mistake or forgotten someone please feel free to correct me and tag them for this post. Thanks!

7 Likes

Continued list of current chairpersons. I can only tag ten people per post apparently.

@dryad2b
@dallasmagna
@patrickpleez1
@Bill
@Photomancer

5 Likes

@Committee_Chairs ~ FYI…

2 Likes

Showoff…__________

4 Likes

@lukeiamyourfather ~ Thanks for posting an official notice about this!

For clarification could you please confirm the exact time frame of when the committees must hold their meetings to vote on who they want to be chair for the next half year.

Alex had previously posted this:

And when I asked - both online and in person - a few times, whether the time frame could be extended to the full month of March through just before the Board of Directors meeting in April (because some committees had planned on having meetings earlier in the month this month), he was hesitant to commit / comment without the rest of the Board’s input… I’m asking for confirmation of an exact time frame to ensure that there is no confusion or potential misunderstandings that might cause a problem for the committees’ recommendations for the upcoming chairperson appointments.

Thanks so much!
:slight_smile:

LOL ~ nah… It’s because there were a couple of chairs missed, plus some chairs don’t check TALK real often - if ever - and that group not only includes the current Chairs; but, it also includes members who are Vice Chairs or otherwise act as a voice on behalf of the current chairs on TALK. :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Azalaket (Wood shop)

2 Likes

Anyone for Finance? :heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes

Why, you are doing such a great job. You will get all the Finance Committee member votes

/s/ The other Finance Committee person.

6 Likes

@nausser915 small metals/jewelry

2 Likes

Scheduled auto meeting on calendar for March 28th, 7:45pm

3 Likes

Logistics meeting April 2 at 4 PM:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1757

3 Likes

Hatcher’s Meeting Scheduled 3-24-17 at 7PM in Conference Room

1 Like

Machine Shop done. Will Re-elect @Lampy Ken for Finance Chair on Sunday!

4 Likes

David, had to make a slight correction to your post to better reflect reality!

4 Likes

I am putting my name in the run for Automotive Chairperson

16 Likes

don’t forget @denzuko to that list

1 Like

Finance Meeting Scheduled for Sunday 10am. But we are there anyway, right @Photomancer? :heavy_dollar_sign:

2 Likes

Jewelry Committee Meeting
Thurs. Mar 23 7pm

3 Likes