Committee meeting for 3d fab 10/19/17

the 3d fab committee met at 5:00 pm in the conference to go over what was going on in the committee, they spoke over the following things

1: finance: we currently do not have an accurate financial count of what is in 3d fab, we do know that it was around 1700 before the vacuum former was bought, thanks to the board allocating the amount for the machine
2: vacuum machine: the vacuum former came in and is currently being put together. the teach the teacher class is 10/3/17 and will have 10 spots
3: volunteering: we need more volunteers to teach the 3d fab training class, in my last class we had 48 people just trying to get certified, i am only one person. i can only do so much
4: expenses: went over prices of filament and went over which ones we would like to see more of, we shall be getting flexible resin.
5: printer donation: a member is wishing to donate a SLS printer which we will happily take off his hands for the better learning process. the Lisa printer:http://www.sinterit.com/sinterit-lisa/ will be for finer detail and will go where the printrbot is currently .
6 comments: we will roll out with more teaching items coming soon. Mitch has agreed to teach the printrbot so more people can use it. there was a request for more classes on it. once gorman is trained he will teach on it for more experimental uses (PETG! PETG! PETG!)
7 Requests: requesting to put a computer in the common room from 3d fab for ADA compliance in the future. Stan saw no problem.
8 Grievances : not enough class seats for the vacuum former: there will be more later… lets get through one first
9 voting: Axeonos: 31 Gorman: 5 Nick Cage: 1. Axeonos is your chair for October - April.

6 Likes

Typo? is that supposed to be November?

1 Like

Yes.
And already filled, so check back frequently for cancellations.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/4099

Yes thats supposed to be november

Noted, that’s ok. That particular date doesn’t work for me, but I’m all for some deep learning on the vacuum former to help teach classes on it. I’ll catch the next one. I really want that former to get attention and succeed.

2 Likes

Hopefully all 10 people in the Train the Teacher class will rapidly go on to host their own intro classes for everyone else.

4 Likes

:laughing: :grinning:

I’m still more or less brand new at DMS, but once I run some prints on the PolyPrinters and become familiar with the equipment, I’d be willing to teach some of the 3D Fab training classes to help out Axeonos.

5 Likes