Committee Chair election time again

Machine shop had its election early in the month. @Chris_Wischkowsky was elected chair and @TBJK graciously agreed to continue as Vice chair. I will simply fade away.

1 Like

Donā€™t you fade on me! At minimum you have to teach HAAS classes until you die.

4 Likes

Woodshop election is scheduled for this Thursday. Unfortunately, little notice was given, but a week was added when this was pointed out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been wanting to run for Digital Media chair, but there hasnā€™t been a meeting this year.

2 Likes

@Coul ^ This is your chance to escape.

1 Like

@tombakerftw anyone that is an active member and on the committee can call for a committee vote at any time. No need to wait for an official meeting if there hasnā€™t been one yet then post your platform on talk and let us know what your goals and hopes for the committee are.

1 Like

I did not know that! Thanks for the tip, Iā€™ll try to get something going tonight.

3 Likes

ok, I submitted a calendar event for the Digital Media Committee meeting for a week from tonight. (May 1st @ 7PM)

3 Likes

It really needs to be done before the BOD meeting this Friday.

I released it to Calendar. @EthanWestern also released yours

Aw crap, I missed that part.

So can I cancel and schedule it for this Friday at 6PM?

Iā€™m not sure how much notice needs to be given, but I figure at this point Friday at 6PM is the most notice possible.

EDIT: I went ahead and rescheduled it, then I decided I should read up on WTF I might be getting myself intoā€¦
According to the wiki itā€™s too late to even call an emergency meeting. ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

1. Committee meetings must be posted on the calendar and announced on the forums. Meetings at which officers are elected must be posted 2 weeks prior to meeting.
  2. The Chair may hold an emergency Committee meeting with 5 days notice on the forums of DMS, and on signs conspicuously posted in the committee area, provided a good faith effort to notify all current committee members is performed, and that the time of the meeting is not unreasonably restrictive on the members.

FYI, Civic Hacking has moved to become a SIG, and VCC has accepted it as a SIG, and so it no longer needs a chair.

1 Like

@talkers Since you where there doing the meeting this post is more to let viewers of this thread know than anything but Infrastructure has meet and Condemnedā€¦Blessed @StanSimmons with another 6 months of Committee Chair duties. Long may he reign and have you tried submitting a helpdesk ticket?

Blacksmithing will be having our election Tuesday the 2nd. I apologise for being late I was originally told the election was 6 months from the previous election and the board election didnā€™t affect it. Iā€™m working to get us caught up

Daniel is our new Digital Media Chair!
Congrats @tombakerftw!

5 Likes

@Ashley_Newland who may graduate in a few weeks she stops trying do anything but studying including taking minutes for any group holding a meeting in common room. Get back to it lady, you can goof off after finals.:wink:

7 Likes

I had 4 finals this week!! I am taking the weekend off to work on my resume and I want you to look over it please!

2 Likes

Be happy to. Sent you my email.

2 Likes

I consider myself a bit of a resume snob, if youā€™d like me to redline it I can as well.

2 Likes

I edited the Civic Hacking wiki page to state that itā€™s a SIG of VCC (with link to VCC).

I added the Civic Hacking SIG (with link) to the VCC wiki page.

However ā€¦ someone needs to review the Civic Hacking wiki page and correct the CATEGORY html in the header now that it isnā€™t an active committee.

EDIT: I also removed Civic Hacking from the list of Current Chairpersons.

And while I was at it, since the current chairpersons list seems to be hard to find by searching, I linked to it from the page Committee Chair that describes roles and responsibilities for Committee Chairs.

3 Likes