Commissioned dresser modification to have television rise from it

A good friend of mine is looking for a TV lift dresser.

The basic premise
“I want to turn the dresser in the pic into a TV lift, like the other pic. Top of dresser will have to be cut in half lengthwise. Some internal reinforcement. All the drawers will have to be modified to the new length, approximately 50% original length. New drawer slides installed.”

The image shows the dresser on the right.

BF389321-BF5E-4A56-B181-BB93DB0D0447

What is your budget for this project?

I hate that question…it feels like someone is doing a wallet biopsy…imagine if you showed up at your mechanic’s shop and that was his question when you asked him to fix your car.

Please take a look at how you’d like to tackle it. Take a stab at ROM (rough order of magnitude) bid, those are expected to be within 10% of the final invoice.

I work for a company that responds to RFQs and there is rarely a budget stated. You take your best path and quote it.

1 Like

that’s fair

two questions

1. what size is the tv? would also like the model, so i can make sure the lift can support it, but that’s not necessary
  2. they want to modify an existing dresser, correct? what are the approximate dimensions of the dresser?

It is not an unfair question either.

If the budget is $50 that is one answer. If the budget is $300 and whoever comes back with a $10,000 estimate, that too is a whole other conversation. (I expect a built in margarita machine for $10k and some amazing sound too.)

3 Likes

are you serious about paying 10k for a dresser with a tv lift, superb sound, and margarita machine? because i can always throw together some plans…

2 Likes

Nope.

Just saying for $10k I expect some bells and whistles.

NOT looking for a pop-up TV dresser at this time.

dangit, I got all excited for a second there too

still if you ever want anything made or done, let me know
Business Card_No Number

Zach,
I’ll get back to you. So i’ll need to get the dimensions, I’m posting this for a friend. We looked at rails and drive systems. His expectations on cost are extremely fair.

Hey Zach,
The guy that’s looking for the TV lift’s name is Zach…he’ll be e-mailing you.