Coming Soon: Screen Printing Classes 2021/Feb

Spot color separations are the former - each color goes on a different layer that’s then output on a template for films. It’s all solid PMS colors and/or tonal values over a solid (usually) white underbase and how to output raster halftones without a RIP.

I do plan on teaching simulated process and WCMYK in one of the advanced classes, where we pull channels in Photoshop and generate photorealistic separations with a dynamic underbase and then output high LPI halftones to films, but I’ve got to find a RIP software sponsor and do a lot of writing before I can get a class together for that.

2 Likes

I cannot wait to take 101. Was scheduled to take it right at the beginning of COVID but class got cancelled for obvious reasons. So excited it is being taught again

I need to start at the beginning, 101 for sure. I will probably want to do all of those classes though they all sound very fun. Just have to see how much time allows for me

101-103 for me! Multicolor paper prints specifically.

I’m super interested in 101-103!

Any updates on a timeline?

My vaccination is taking a bit longer than expected - thought I’d had it set for early Feb, but I’m getting my first dose today and the second one on 3/25. Probably looking at early April for the first classes, but I may do a refresher before then.

5 Likes

I think a refresher could be done virtually with that cart we have at DMS. Since it’s a refresh, we should have all gone through the original class already, so don’t need hands on. Just have you walk through the steps.

1 Like

Whenever you are ready, we are ready and excited to take screen printing classes with you.
Vaccinations come first.

1 Like

Astrud has had first shot and the second is scheduled, so we’re looking at starting back up with in person classes from her by mid April.

6 Likes

I’ve been needing to take a refresher course for quite a long time. Will one be given any time soon?

Should be scheduling more classes soon, I’ll post up when they go on the Calendar.

We will also be having an Open Print session from 12 noon to 4pm on Saturday June 12 if you just need to ask a couple questions, or want general tips as you print.

4 Likes

Any screen printing classes/workshops planned for the near future? I come to about my limit for hand-applying my designs and am looking for a more efficient/cost effective alternative.

I have only two one-color designs planned, approximately 18"x 21" (handkerchief size,) but no digital files of them, just hand-cut partial templates I keep reusing.

Hence the interest in seeing if screen printing will suit my needs, and what all I need to do to get started.

Thanks!