Coming Soon: Pastel Pencil and Inktense

Derwent will be sponsoring a class featuring their Pastel Pencils and Inktense watercolor pencils. You’ll get to try some pretty delicious materials and there will be free prizes. The question for membership is do you prefer a multiple week long class where we make something start to finish or just a one-off with general techniques?

If you do want the start to finish option any thing you just always wanted to draw?

5 Likes

There is a technique for using the wax based pencils on prepared
copper, I would LOVE to try this

Love inktense stuff. Awesome.

Regarding class structure. My thought is it works well to build stuff as stand-alone for folks that can’t make them all, or folks that come and go, but an overall arc that builds skills for those wanting the whole tamale. That type of structure has worked well for fiber arts.

2 Likes

I’m kinda modeling after fiber arts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be an interesting experiment for sure! These are a little different than a traditional pencil like Prisma but since the company is going to sponsor a play day why not?!?

3 Likes

I will prepare some copper pieces to try,

YAY! I’d love to try inktense pencils! I know they work differently than watercolor pencils, and I am itching to try them out! SQUEE. That would be AWESOME. I hope I can make it.

I agree with Jeannie, a week long extravaganza of coloring, where we can come in the days we can. :slight_smile: I know working with coloring pencils takes time and effort, but perhaps if we do smaller pieces it will be easier to finish a something in one class.

Week long could be a thing…just would have to wait until summer

How Neat!!

[quote="MrsMoose, post:1, topic:20469"] The question for membership is do you prefer a multiple week long class where we make something start to finish or just a one-off with general techniques? [/quote]

I like Jeannie’s suggestion:

:smiley:

1 Like

I wasn’t meaning a solid week (although a come and go art boot camp something every day type thing could appeal to some). Wallowing in art supplies sounds fun.

For me personally, I would be more interested in once a week and repeating weeks. That’s just my schedule though. The other advantage of spread out is if one week is crazy busy for someone or out of town, the next might be fine

2 Likes

I agree. We are just right in the middle of show season so I can’t do a class every week just yet.

2 Likes

Really, anything you care to teach needs to fit into YOUR life. No rules. Better it be sustainable for you. Me? I do twice a month max usually. That lets me do something kinda regular but it’s sustainable. And gives me wiggle room to TAKE a class or two or use tools here. It’s YOUR schedule to make

3 Likes

Exactly. Once a month for sure to cover membership but other than that it’ll just depend on the ebb and flow at work

4 Likes

Workshop confirmed. And they sent a big prize! I’ll get it on the calender soon

3 Likes