Comet LEDs - Black Friday special until Monday

Attention pinballers! Comet LED is having a Black Friday sale on LED’s including the white LED’s I use in all of my EM machines. You must use this link to get the special price (discount will show in shopping cart). http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1873

Prices good until Monday 11/30 at midnight.

My favorite LED is the TWIN 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS - frosted dome - type 44/47 socket - warm white. Use them in the backglass, pop bumpers, and under inserts… but only in areas which constantly stay lit. For locations which blink on and off, use the 1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS NON GHOSTING BULB - frosted dome - type 44/47 socket - warm white.

Both complement each other nicely and will suffice for 90% of the bulbs you’ll need to do “stealth LED”. Grab 'em while they’re cheap!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Will be grabbing a few.

Cool… I think you’ll need at least one 25-pack of the 2835’s (always-on backbox locations, maybe pops if they always stay lit) and another 25-pack of the non-ghosting 1SMD’s (match #'s, tilt, inserts, score reels which should light up depending upon which player is up). Count your lamp sockets to be sure! Since you can’t plug in the machine to check… use YouTube to verify the game illumination locations. Also you can look behind the backglass to see what is supposed to light up vs. stay lit. Plan to allocate 455 flasher bulbs (use bulbs not LED’s) for lights behind the title of the game.

Also plan to use regular type 47 bulbs for GI (general illumination) locations… typically on top of the playfield under plastics and wherever your eyes can view a direct filament.