Color Coding For Committees

no fair editing posts!

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to just put undecided. I really don’t care what. If you want Bar Code, that’s fine. Let me know.

Yeah, no worries. its going to be a qr code for the majority of things other wise its a metallic purple and green:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61NkDyXomvL.jpg

Hey, what can I say dynamic colors are cool and totally fit with the museum so anyone can know where it goes :wink:

1 Like

NOOOoooo!!! Put it back in the “bleeping” toolbox…

2 Likes

So what is the color?

@Azalaket [quote=“Azalaket, post:73, topic:18737, full:true”]
I wanted powermatic “gold/yellow” to match our shop
[/quote] Please find me that color of paint, who sells it, so we can see if it is easy enough to tell apart from Electronics. Can be two colors, twin stripe as in what 3D Fab is doing.

@Adam_Oas Does PR have a choice? Not sure how many items you’d have to mark

@lukeiamyourfather any choice for Digital Media?

Not sure Blacksmithing needs a color as their tools are pretty distinctive, but there are some hammers that are common to multiple places. If no objections, will designate them as BLACK since there doesn’t appear to be anyone on Talk and I don;t know how to contact John Haskins.

@hasbridge RC, what color?

@Bill Classroom okay with Purple?

1 Like

To my knowledge, we don’t have enough items to warrant a color. It’s probably just as easy to engrave DMS-PR onto the few items that we would have.

3 Likes

The incoming chairs for Digital Media (Alex / @rffalex) and Aerospace / Remote Control Hobbies (Daniel / @Millioncorn) may want to chime in, if the current chairs don’t have a preference…

Black does seem appropriate for Blacksmithing (even though Hot Glowing Metal would be super awesome though a bit difficult to find in tape and single color paint applications… Hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). John, Sarah, Mitch and Phillip are all in the @Team_Blacksmithing group to make it easier to to “mention” (tag) them all at once. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Black should be fine for us.

4 Likes

As aerospace is light blue on TALK it would be nice to have that color coincide, but if it’s already taken, I have no real preference.

1 Like

Light Blue works for me, Machine Shop is a dark Blue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, right! My bad… Yeah I have no preference, whatever color is easiest to get. :blush:

2 Likes

Those two colors are easy to tell apart. If we can’t, then it belongs to Machine Shop!:innocent:

Have it listed as Light Blue. Some colors are easy to tell apart: Blue/Lt Blue, Red/Lt Red, Green/Lt Green, Purple/Lt Purple.

Color like Yellow can be harder, Light Oranges can be confused with some other colors.

By paint, do you mean spray paint? If so what about : https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-1817-Implement-Paint-Deere/dp/B00B36C9D6?th=1? This is “school bus yellow” There are two other yellow candidates (Caterpillar old and new) as well. @Azalaket

I would say that color is different enough to be distinguished from Yellow. From wiki on school bus yellow.

Jewelry/small metals was talking about a turquoise like our wall will be

2 Likes

Being an art teacher I don’t believe this graphic as I’ve had very intuitive men and women flood my classroom- but still - it’s a cute little smirk worthy thing

6 Likes

Any chance infrastructure can change Talk category colors to match? Some do, some don’t for now.

Any current chairperson who would like to have the color changed on the main category most closely associated with their committee is welcome to create a REQUEST in the #issues-requests category and I can look into it. I would need to have the exact hex color code. Remember: One request per REQUEST thread. Each committee chair would need to create a separate thread. Note: The other categories will continue to use the colors already assigned - which may end up being extremely similar to the colors chosen by the committees.

What options are left? I don’t think I see orange taken, So Orange is Ok. Otherwise, I am pretty ok with any color.

Edit: For Digital Media

What committee?..