Color Coding For Committees

Classroom would have jumped on purple if I was not late to the game…

4 Likes

You can always roshambeau @merissa for it, as “purple” (violet in the ROYGBIV scale) has not yet been spoken for officially. It is the “waffle to” color for Laser…

2 Likes

Yall can have purple Bill :purple_heart: I was just being silly about changing… red makes more sense for laser and I want to avoid confusion that could come from changing it.

8 Likes

Have adjusted the list above to include purple for Classrooms and removed it from the Laser section. Obviously, any objectors can adjust accordingly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oddly enough, no one has claimed orange, I think. And that’s a very visible marking color. Might be a good color for Jewelry/Small Metals (if they want it, of course) because they have lots of small hand tools that can walk around.

EDIT: Might be a moot point. I see that 3D fab is considering orange?

1 Like

3D fab was orange and changed to gold/silver. If jewelry takes orange that’s a kind of ironic color swap :smile:

1 Like

Okay @merissa last call: the Red you inherited or the Purple you desire?
Edit should have read further

1 Like

I released my hold on purple to classroom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Electronics is Yellow. Orange is available.

Alright Axeonos, getting a little piggish claiming TWO colors, so for clarification are you looking at a color that is combination of Gold and Silver or putting two colors on each tool.

If the former, please provide a sample as it will probably free up anyone that wants Gold or Silver as they will be different enough to be used.

Also, if it uses both colors, then I think anyone with just Gold or Silver could use those.

The Gold and Brass (Hatchers) will have to be enough different as to no be confusing, which shouldn’t be that hard.

Orange is good for woodshop

1 Like

Bench Dog Orange?

or

Rockler Blue?
Woodpecker Red?
Micro-jig Yellow?

I wanted powermatic “gold/yellow” to match our shop

1 Like

If it’s different enough from electronics no problem. Also the types of tools used wouldn’t over lap.

“appliance beige” is always a good color.

maybe for the old computer committee

3 Likes

Avocado is always a good appliance color. Actually, a good color for Vintage @denzuko might be the beige/putty color since so many computer cases were made with that.

1 Like

1 Like

Not sure about that… black, orange/green where more dominate:

of course there was the fancy Purple, grey and teal that we love so much:

Oh and black is always in fashion:

2 Likes

(as he posts a picture of an appliance beige case)

2 Likes

yes and complete retcons with two other darker cases :wink: