Color Coding For Committees

Fired Arts is currently using Brown Pebble duct tape for marking our items. I’ve only marked the tools so that folks remember that they belong to FA. I don’t expect those to wander about the space. Our stools, OTOH…

2 Likes

Sure you don’t want RED … Merissa @merissa seems to be wavering towards a Purple, her chance to change is now. Her tools aren’t marked, she could have fresh Tape, this is her chance. Be Excellent, take it off her hands! :joy: Talk to her.

I only made laser red because I was going to carry the wall lines out to the committee areas in the workshop and terminate the laser line with a logo similar to the one the nerdist used

4 Likes

@merissa Sounds like to me, Purple is yours for the asking, while it is available. You’re the Benevolent Dictator put your stamp on it. You go girl!

If people find a microphone or a digital camera in the drawer with the sockets I think they’ll know it doesn’t belong there. The automotive tools being painted was from me back in the day at the old space because I kept finding them all over the shop and split up. At that time it was red (because that was the only paint on hand). If there’s not a common problem with the items wandering into other committee areas they might not need to be painted. Like a sewing machine showing up in the metal shop is unlikely.

I hope… :expressionless:

2 Likes

We’ll use Yellow in the Wood Shop

Yellow is electronics.

1 Like

Can this post be made a wiki so it can be updated as needed? @LisaSelk

1 Like

Puce isn’t taken. :puke:

6 Likes

oops… I don’t see on the list above :confused:

LOLLOLLOL :joy:

Done! :bulb:

Yellow is the color code for electronics

Electronics is indeed yellow.

… you missed @Team_VCC :unamused:

By the way, it would be a barcode or a purple and cyan band when a qr code will not fit.

Which reminds me, I need to order more purple and cyan tape

1 Like

@lukeiamyourfather I do believe that the “not puce” color would be ‘chartreuse’

4 Likes

When it is complete I’ll do it as a wiki and make the posters small posters for around the Space. Near tool boxes, etc.

“Bar Code” isn’t a color. Since it’s “Vintage” I’ll just put “Unknown, original color faded out and forgotten” :wink:

3 Likes

3d fab would like to change to gold/silver… might be willing to trade orange for pink

Not sure what Gold/Silver is. Do you mean two colors side by side or some mixture. Changed it from Orange to “Gold/Silver” … not sure what color that is. But done.

Orange is available it would appear.

A suggestion, If there is a fixed committee area then that color is posted
om a oblivious place. That way if I see a yellow marked tool that was left in
CA, I can walk over an leave it on a talc Electronics with a note that
it was found elsewhere,

2 Likes