Collectively Brainstorming - Fibers/Sewing Needs and Wants

CA expansion meeting will be on the 28th 6:00 I’ve moved it to the Purple classroom so Dye Sub can setup @CaryF300
Hopefully will see you guys. Bring pictures, printouts and please post any specifics with prices for us so we can at least have it in our brains.

2 Likes

What’s the “average” floor sized needed for a “standard” loom?

pushing up the fibers brainstorming

While it’d be w/o/n/d/e/r/f/u/l/ pretty nice to have a floor loom, it’d take long enough to weave that you’d have to schedule people. Might be better if we just had room to permanently set the loom we’ve got (don’t we have a small-ish loom??) on a table.

We would do the exact same logistics we do with the other loom. Shared warp. It’s worked out just fine

The size of the loom doesn’t matter much. It still takes me about 6-10 hours of personal time to set it up, then however long it takes each student to weave it off.

With the small loom, we are seriously limited on a few things because we can’t put longer warps on it. I had to warp it twice for the last scarf class (a thing a lot of folks want to make). So that doubled my personal time investment plus took longer on the schedule to coordinate.

And there are some other reasons a floor loom is nice. They’re all different tools. But the logistics we’ve got worked out nicely

2 Likes

One other thing, in addition to doing longer projects on a floor loom, they’re faster to weave on

My hubby accidentally spilled pvc pipe adhesive in our kitchen…it looked like we murdered Barney in front of the refrigerator!

1 Like