Collecting scrap hardwoods

Hi. I am looking to make use of nice scraps of hardwood to make dice boxes. I will be making blanks of approximately 2in x 9in x 1.5in, so any pieces larger than that work for me! Hate to see stuff so to waste now that we no longer have a scrap area really. Feel free to text me at 208 901 2374 or dm here

The trash cans in the woodshop are a great place to look. Iā€™ve turned a lot of pens out of ā€˜trashā€™ wood :wink:

1 Like

So ā€“ the woodshop scrap thing has moved over by the ā€œMember Exchange Shelfā€. Since itā€™s way over there, itā€™s not getting as much stuff as it used to, but itā€™s there.

1 Like

No, the new shelf is literally less then 3 feet away from the old one! Itā€™s on the pallet right under the pallet racks behind the first aid bag
But I have an egregious amount of scraps Iā€™ve been holding on to that Iā€™d happily give away knowing theyā€™ll be used. Iā€™ll place them on the shelf under the pallet racks tonight and help yourself, take the whole box if youā€™d like to

Great. I am around currently so if you are up here in the next couple hours I will be here to get it

Talking about scrap wood, I doubt anybody would have some thin pieces a quarter especially darker would that I could mount a I have an orange storage box up front and you can just slip a man thank

Iā€™ll be there in the next hour or so

I went home but I will swing by in the morning to pick it up

I have a bunch of scrap walnut and other various hardwoods you can have. I make larger pieces so Iā€™ve a stack of pretty good sized scraps. Iā€™ll be up on thurs and fri

Left you what I hope is enough if not I have more but itā€™s got your name on it in the scrap area by the work benches near the woodshop so unless someone steals it itā€™ll be there waiting for you

1 Like

great, that sounds perfect! Let me know when you drop it off and I will swing by to pick up

I saw a couple pieces but no box. Did I miss the box or maybe someone else picked it up

The storage place across the street closes at 8(which is pretty annoying) but thatā€™s where I keep all my wood and thatā€™s where the scrap boxes are and I didnā€™t make it down that way early enough to get it, so the box is still pending haha
Also I realize now I spelled your name wrong, for which I apologize

Oh ok haha thatā€™s where I keep mine too. Public storage.

Do let me know when you drop anything off so I can swing by. No other plans to be down there in the next few days. If it is easier I can go to your unit with you as well.

Iā€™ll go up there after work, Iā€™ll pm you when Iā€™m headed there with my unit number

Ok my number is 2089012374 thatā€™ll be easier. I have an appointment at 5:30 so may not be able to make it today if that conflicts

Are you looking for 1/4"? PM me. I have a bunch of milled mesquite I could give some to you. Most pieces are 44" x 5". Jeff

I donā€™t think that will really work for my needs. I pretty much need at least 3/4 in. Thanks