Colchester 5C Collet Chuck

So yesterday we finally received our 5C collet chuck for the Colchester. I attached the backplate to the chuck yesterday. Today I centered the chuck with some help of @JRay. I have placed this chuck into service as its on the blue cart. I have witness marked on the chuck & the headstock with center punches. When you use it, ensure you align the 2 center punch marks. I have also have put paint on all of the bolts to allow for notification if the bolts have been messed with. The bolts have been torqued with a calibrated torque wrench.

16 Likes

fantastic! Thank you and three cheers for Tim!

1 Like

The chuck is awesome, but do we have a new set of 5C collets somewhere other than the ones sitting on that cart next to the new chuck?

I went to use the 1" collet but it appears that there is a lip / misalignment in the middle of this collet which meant I could not slide a 1.001" rod through the collet. Probably hard to see in this picture, but if you pick it up its easy to feel. I assume this is because it’s a poor quality collet

This is all we have at the moment. If we can find them individually we can round out the set and replace any damaged ones