CNC Training/Workshop

Any chance of getting training on the CNC machine anytime soon? I don’t see that classes have started back up on the event calendar. I have a long woodworking background and would love to get checked out on the CNC so I can start using it. Thanks for the help!

tagging @cghaly

Hi Jason - Thanks for you interest in the CNC at DMS. The CNC class has both a classroom and proficiency test that are required before you can run the machine on your own.

Jim, @hon1nbo correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe in person classes/tool check offs have been sanctioned yet.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Classes and tool check off’s are authorized under the current rules, just not in the classrooms yet.

Thanks Brad @brsims for the clarification. Any SWAG as to when classroom classes will be allowed?

Assuming all goes well vis-a-vis covid protections, shouldn’t be long- maybe as little as a week or two.

1 Like

Would love to be added to that list too (for CNC training that is)!

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well.

Hello,
I’m ready to earn access to use the CNC and the rest of the machine shop equipment. Could you please provide a link for enrolling myself into the classroom training for this event? I appreciate as much info that you are able to provide including exact location, date and time for the class as well as details about what’s expected from me to attend. Thank you.

This thread started with a question about training for the Multicam (woodshop).

If you want training on the Haas (machine shop) you’re better off starting a new thread.

1 Like