CNC Router Training

Are there any plans for a training session on the CNC wood shop router?

I’ve looked back on the talk threads and it looks like it’s been a while since one was offered.

1 Like

we are currently working on it it will be coming soon

5 Likes

If there are any more developments on this please let me know. I’m interested in teaching Multicam but I’m not signed off on it yet.

1 Like

Can we make a sign up list. After yall decide on a date and time your already have a full list. Or how does this work?

this is from the thread planning the future of it

Have they always owned it? Or did makerspace just sell it to them. When did the multicam go up for sale. With 4 new owners are they planning on moving it away from the space or is it staying? Maybe there is another thread that explains all of this that I missed.

Not literally asset owners, but rather functional owners for ensuring the asset is best managed for membership.

2 Likes

it is explained in the thread

Thank you. So more along the lines of a manager in control. Owner I was kind of picturing they purchased it from makerspace and leaving it there for makerspace to use but they had say so in it above the board members and voting criteria. I think I get it now.

Nah we got tired of people leaving messes to the left of it and gouging the spoilboards. So four of us are taking it to my shop to use for ourselves. DMS still owns it and will pay to maintain it, but only we four responsible users get to use it.

JUST KIDDING!

We just needed a little more structure around its care and feeding. Also needed to get training spun back up because there is lots of pent-up demand.

3 Likes

So so excited to see classes come up! I’ve been waiting for them since joining :slight_smile: Thanks for all your hard work

2 Likes

I’m not doing the hard work. It’s a team and @Brian is doing the heavy lifting right now. We’ll get you fixed up with training soon.

3 Likes

Sounds great… really looking forward to it.