CNC Router Training (wood only)

The server is up and V Carve is installed but not quite configured back to the way it was. I will post a class once we have everything ironed out. The class should be next week if everything goes right.

your patience is appreciated.

3 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the update!

Cool, I want to be in this class too! Can’t wait.

A class has been scheduled for Wednesday August 5th. Please purchase tickets below.

Are y’all resuming tests again now too?

We were discussing going to a Thursday night test schedule. I should be there tomorrow at about 6:30 - 7 but I have to help someone at 8:30. If you come tomorrow please limit your test to 15 minutes of run time.

all signed up for aug5

1 Like

Something is jacked up with my Paypal account and it doesn’t seem to want to take regular credit cards today either (I was even trying to buy something on ebay with just a credit card earlier today.) Hopefully the glitch is gone tomorrow…

Ok, I got it sorted and signed up!

Just signed up. Hoping we eventually extend permitted materials to plastics, and urethane sign foam.

Can someone please post a picture of the hand control for me?

I need to get around to taking my test on the CNC machine sometime soon and I would like to be familiar with the buttons before hand.

Thanks

http://sm3.signmedia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Keypad.jpg

4 Likes

Thanks to @AlexRhodes for the informative CNC Router class!

:airplane:

1 Like

Is the class being announced only in this thread…? I keep missing training since I’ve only known to look on the calendar…

I announce them here when they are put on the calendar.

1 Like

A class has been Added for this Sunday. I forgot to post it here sooner, but right now only 2 of the 12 tickets have been purchased. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cnc-router-class-wood-only-tickets-18188717945 Hope you can make it.

-Alex

EDIT: Updated to say Sunday instead of Saturday.

FYI, the linked event says its for Sunday August 23rd. Either way, if there are still tickets available by tomorrow I might see about grabbing myself a seat. :slight_smile:

Sorry it is this Sunday. My bad. Thanks for the catch.

Still 6 tickets available for the CNC class tomorrow.

I don’t know if it is just my computer, but when I click on the EVENTS page no listening appears, has been this way for me today. I’m not trying to take this course but curious if persons outside of the DMS facility also have this problem? I notice others aren’t having the problem.

No other pages/tabs have the problem. I’m assuming there is some maintenance going on, maybe a false assumption - but may account for open spaces.