CNC Router - cabinet maker software?

Ok, so one of the million projects I have around the home includes replacing the cabinets in the kitchen and bath. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the multiple cabinet making software packages available out there on the internet? I’m not sure if it would be worth the investment to purchase for a one time remodel of my personal kitchen. I sure do not wish to remodel anyone else’s kitchen. Maybe it’s more of an ordeal then just contacting a professional cabinet company.

Thanks for any advise,

Paul

When can I attend a class to learn how to use the CNC Router?

Look for a class (classroom) and class (test/sign-off) on the calendar and sign up.

@Engnr USE EXTREME CAUTION. The designs need to be done in V-Carve…even fusion360 designs are not trivially done on our tool.

Completely understood. I’m just starting my research asking questions getting suggestions stage before I put a board on the table. If it’s do-able, great, if it’s a bad idea, I will drop it. I know there are software packages out there that translate everything to g-code. I know how to basically makes cabinets, but if there is a program that I can tell it I want a 36" upper cabinet and it will automatically create the parts in g-code, awesome. If I have to create each part myself in V-Carve, this may be too much of a challenge and I will resort to hiring a cabinet company.

Buy Mosaic. You can get a year for like 300 with the full CNC GCode post. They support our machine. Chris Ghaly and I used it back when we were talking about putting a class together.

Edit: 3 month trial. Not a year.

Ah thank you for the suggestion. I did see Mozaic as one of the options. I will look at it further. Yes I like the subscription aspect of the software since I’m not looking to being a cabinet maker full time. Just one house and I’m done.

Their website has a bunch of great self-help tutorials. It really simple to use and has a great nesting function.

Sorry, I can not find any classes for this.

Make a new post in this forum asking for the class. This is what everyone has told me thus far if I wish to take a training class on the equipment but no class is on the schedule.

The designs don’t need to be done in V-Carve. Just the toolpaths (though there is surely other software that will do it).

I routinely design in Solidworks, export DXF and then set up toolpaths in V-Carve.

V-Carve sucks for non-trivial design from nothing.

3 Likes

If you are doing effectively a top-down design with FEW planes at different z-heights it is easy to get it in V-carve…and can be considered trivial…

If you are doing something with curves in the z-Axis…it is NOT TRIVIAL.

That was sort of my point.