Cnc router build

is someone proficient in building acnc router in the group

1 Like

I vote @themitch as he has built his and is currently building one.

1 Like

I found @themitch22 is that him

2 Likes

Yes, that is the Mitch that you want.

1 Like

Matter of fact, the Mitch was building the frame last night in the machine shop.

1 Like

I have an Avid 5x5’ machine that I haven’t put together yet. If you need any tips on how to stare at 17 heavy boxes with your hands on your hips, I’m your guy.

9 Likes

I built an MPCNC from one of their kits. Works pretty well when I can clear a path to it through my garage. Once I have the space, I’m planning on building their larger kit. Great instructions and a really capable machine

3 Likes

I guess my reputation precedes me…

3 Likes

@themitch22 could I ask you some questions. Could you call me 913-251-8342

@sherrid - This is what @themitch22 does professionally. When questions are general in nature, and publicly asked, there is a value for the community to learn from the exchange. One on one, and in private, you should be expecting to compensate him at the market rate of $150 an hour for such specialized knowledge. He is a very nice person and a valuable resource to our membership. We would hate to lose his generosity of freely sharing his knowledge within the organization due to non-member angling for free tech support and consulting. Our little group is full of amazing subject matter experts. Your real solution is to join DMS and become involved.

9 Likes

Angling for free tech support? The first thing I said during our conversation is could I pay you lol. I wanted a side bar because my machine is something the makerspace doesn’t have. But since you wanted to know. I have a vertical router lathe and wanted to know if he could assist me

good to know though that you all look out for each other but in this case your wrong. He gave me his price and I excepted. Thanks

3 Likes

I mean, regardless of whether we have one or not that’s a cool machine.

3 Likes

“Makerspace Guy” is a good nickname. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If I would have put your name I never would find up in my phone so I had to put a reference name lol

1 Like

That is a very cool machine! I built my own CNC router almost 10 years ago (still have it) in a build group at my old makerspace. I really enjoyed the process. I hope you stick around because I would love to learn about the one you made.

1 Like