CNC Plasma Cutter discussion

ShopeSabre makes great CNC routers, I would imagine their plasma tables are similar quality.

They told me that they did change up the design of the Gantry this year.

I noticed they have an option to make the plasma CNC into a router CNC too.

The computer for the ShopSabre is sealed including the power supply, It uses regular windows. It does use a 37 pin connection though from the computer to the CNC. I had him add the laser, WiFi & collision detection. He did also say we could do the same as we do with the Plasmacam with the larger sheets. We discussed the cons of the water table, which would be hydrogen build up when cutting aluminum. This would have required a bubbler to disburse the hydrogen gas.

Also the addition of a 4th axis further down the line was explained to be pretty easy add on. Cant say for the software though.

5 Likes

Here is a video I found on Dynatorch. I also found out you can expand the table in the future. So a 4x4 can be turned into a 4x8.

2 Likes

Overall impressed. How does it compare in price?

I like the all-in-computer and the optical cable for RF interference and the fact all on ones are easier to seal environmentally. The fact they’ll test the entire system with the components that ship and are already calibrated and pre-wired I think is a plus also.

I wonder if the system is now capable of WIN10, the video only mentions up to WIN8 but video might be dated.

It’s one of the cheaper ones. I may need to call him about the downdraft, I didn’t see it in the quote.

Comparison Video

I couldn’t find much on the Multicam.

Here is the software that ShopSabre comes with.

1 Like

I dont know if I mentioned it but both JD2 & the Dynatorch Super B both come with Sheetcam.

Here is the JD2 version

And the Dynatorch

1 Like

I reviewed again through the Dynatorch. They quoted it machine as having windows 10 installed. It’s an I5 machine with 20" 1080P All-in one.

Working on a spreadsheet to compare all of them as best as we can side by side.

1 Like

Hi guys, My name is Craig & I Just moved here and Joined Dallas Makerspace. i am excited to get involved in the community. I own a metal fabrication shop and my main business is designing and building custom CNC machines. I have built and sold dozens of plasma tables. Don’t worry, i am not trying to sell you guys one of my tables, in fact i am too busy with other projects to build one right now but if you guys are going to buy a new table i would love to help you guys decide which one to get. since these companies were essentially my competition I have spent hundreds of hours researching the different options out there and i can tell you the the pros and cons of each from a more detailed perspective than you will get from talking to the salesmen that work for the company.

1 Like

We are certainly interested in hearing input. I have dug up about as much as I could find.

Be sure to show up at the next Metal Shop committee meeting. It’ll be discussed and probably voted on. Your input sought.

So what was the final decision? When does it come in? Thank you guys for putting in the time to figure it out and execute.
Thanks,
Thomas

We went with Dynatorch but were put on hold due to the un-certainly of next door.

2 Likes

What table size was decided on?

Both :wink:

From what I remember, we were considering the 4x4 model that could be upgraded to the 4x8 model for a nominal fee. The question was whether we did that “now” or later when we have the space.

and because of

“now” may be “later”…