CNC Plasma classes

I know i just missed one but can these be available more often… each class only holds 6 people. is there a way to increase frequency?

2 Likes

If someone shows me i could probably teach this class

2 Likes

@Team_Metal_Shop ~ FYI…

1 Like

Id be down to volunteer to learn how to use this and start teaching classes… I just need one of the familiars to transfer some knowledge…

Unfortunately at the moment I’m unable to give a class. I’ve been working quite a bit later in the past month. I also go on call Tuesday, which I dislike. Typically I will do a brake/shear/slip roll then a plasmacam class the same day once a month. We have many other instructors as well.

1 Like

busy is good…

if you can direct me to other people that can show me how to use the machine and then i can take over teaching some classes.

You’ll need to go to a committee meeting and discuss getting on the training staff…that’s the best way. Since it’s so popular I imagine it’s like the Multicam and before they have you teaching others they’ll want to see you in action and know you’re going to be teaching best practices and be able to help with newbies who need troubleshooting.

Which committee? metalshop?

We still require that you go through a class. Once that is done then we ask that you sit in another class to pay attention on how the class is taught. We have close to about a dozen instructors.

2 Likes

a dozen instructors is all good and fine, where are the classes???

For the last 3 months…
Not saying we can’t do better, but I don’t think that offering is shabby, by any stretch.

maybe we are just empty this month…
thanks for pointing out the schedule… I checked it already… but thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Somehow there needs to be a set consistent recurring schedule for our required classes. Im here to volunteer the time but I have to jump through so many hoops… is there a way to have instructor training times? separate from regular classes… where the transfer of knowledge is more geared towards teaching the tool… i dunno, Ill just wait for a class to be open… carry on

As none of us volunteer our time, forcing someone to teach on a schedule is not possible. The only way to get more classes is to become an instructor yourself.

1 Like

He’s already offered to learn and then teach… He has to get past the learning obstacle first though. :wink: :slight_smile:

I’ve scheduled my next class for June 7th, after the Machine Shop meeting. Should be live in a few days.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2613

2 Likes

says the registration is closed :frowning:

Give it a few days. That’s a side effect of the calendar system when a new class is pending approval.

1 Like

thanks, Im in the class!

1 Like