CNC-carved birdhouses?

that would be great. I’d really appreciate it

1 Like

Don’t want to be a bother but I’m anxious about your friend to see if you contacted him yet.

Did you ever talk to your friend about digitizing the faces for me?

Hey Robert, I’m afraid I didn’t. I completely forgot to.

I will set a reminder in my phone right now to talk to him tomorrow morning.

My apologies.

Matt

One thing you can do is what’s known as “cnc from greyscale” which would essentially make a flat shaded image and then intellgiently create a 3d model from it. most software for cnc have ways to do that. the trick would be generating a greyscale image. there could be various ways to obtain a greyscale image of your faces up to and including simply taking pictures using strategic lighting. some methods might work some might not. that’s half the challenge of these maker projects is figuring out the stuff :smiley:

attached video where someone did a mona lisa:

2 Likes

thanks for the info. would you be willing to help me with this as I am not a member of dms yet?

It’s been a while since I talked about this subject. I just bought a used CNC machine and am ready to try making a program to carve my birdhouse faces. I need to see if anyone is willing to make a digital image of these or can help me find out if the digital imaging program from Next Wave is worth the investment.

last year I contacted you about someone that can digitize my birdhouse faces and you said you might know someone. can I bother you to check with that guy again please

1 Like

Yup! I’ll contact him right this this sec.

1 Like

He said he could probably help. Check your PM.

2 Likes

anyone real familiar with a pirannah fx that lives close to boyd tx willing to help me with starting this machine up? Just bought it used and a new digitizer and now am real confused. now I could use some help

1 Like

I mean its just another cnc, right? DM me any questions and I will do what I can to answer them. kinda busy for the next week or so but may be able to make a trip out a little later if it cant be sorted.